Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Homepage pulling in wrong category products

lindaw

Total Posts:  201

Hi guys,

I’ve been at this one for a while but can’t seem to fix it…

I have 2 stores under one website and they are both using new.phtml to display products only store 2 is pulling in the products from store one (but is using the correct template file)

I have marked products from both categories with new from and to dates yet store 2 just won’t display its own products.

Can anyone help?

Store 1
wheelsautomotivebooks.com.au/wheels/

Store 2
battlebridgemilitarybooks.com.au/military/

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

jenks

Total Posts:  37
Michigan

Can you post the code from new.phtml and the template file? It’s hard to help figure out where it’s getting that information without seeing that.

Magento Community
Magento Community

lindaw

Hey thanks Jenks,

This is the template file… the only difference between the store 1 and store 2 file is H2 heading.

File Attachments
new.phtml  (File Size: 3KB - Downloads: 47)

Magento Community
Magento Community

jenks

Michigan

Are these 2 completely different installations or two stores within one magento install (I believe you can do that with Magento) if they are 2 separate installs are they using the same database possibly?

Magento Community
Magento Community

jenks

Michigan

I think it may have something to due with the url rewrites or something you have in place....

Check this out… the links on those new items go to urls like this:
http://australian-speedway-an-illustrated-history.battlebridgemilitarybooks.com.au/military

Now the links to the categories for battlebridge along the left side go to places like this:
http://osprey-publishing.battlebridgemilitarybooks.com.au/military

When you click them it says they aren’t existent.

If you hover these links they say:
http://www.battlebridgemilitarybooks.com.au/military/osprey-publishing/essential-history

Also if you right click the images showing the auto stuff from that site and just view the image you get this url:
http://www.battlebridgemilitarybooks.com.au/media/catalog/product//t/r/tr72.jpg

It shows the image as well so it exists on this server. 

I don’t know much about running 2 stores on one magento install but it looks like there is a misconfiguration in the routing and there isn’t a proper separation between the stores. Not sure if this is you or if this is a bug as far as the new.phtml file not pulling the right things however the link problem I think may be an issue with how you have it configured.

Magento Community
Magento Community

jenks

Michigan

Sorry to bombard you with posts but one other thing came to mind. Did you mark the car products as new before or after the Battlebridge items. I would try marking the Battle Bridge items new again and see if they start showing up on your car site, it may be pulling the newest items over both sites with no distinction between the sites. I may be able to fix that by adding a website id into the queries. PM me and I can send you my e-mail address and we can give it a try.

Magento Community
Magento Community

lindaw

Hey Jenks, thanks mate. Actually, those URL problems are a result of me trying to fix something else as I write this. I will get that sorted first and then come back to this one.

The urls’ were working when all this new.phtml stuff wasn’t. I did do the wheels ones first so I will try the opposite.

They are 2 stores in one installation and sharing the same DB. Yes, Magento can apparently handle that although I’m yet to see a live site doing what I’m doing. That would be helpful!

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community