Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

How put System Offline (front end)

umbilical

Total Posts:  22

hi its possible put the system offline for a while… you know “we back soon” etc… ?

thanks

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

adimagento
Guru

Total Posts:  626
Los Angeles, CA

Have you considered just pointing to a temporary static html page until your store is ready.

Magento Community
Magento Community

umbilical

Total Posts:  22

ok I do that, I ask beacuse on Expresion Engine have a great option on system utilities for put the system offline for users… system online for super admins. By the way Magento goes great… dont stop to devel smile

Magento Community
Magento Community

T-J Panttila

Total Posts:  10
Lahti, Finland

I would also appreciate a feature where you could just set the site to be offline for maintenance. We have various customers and not everyone has the skills to use html page intead of magento frontpage for the maintenance time.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community