Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Help me understand the css of this…

ths_

Total Posts:  13

I am trying to style the footer of my site and I understand that the footer only takes up a certain amount of pixels and that it is cenetered. I want to know what portion of the style sheet dictates the left, right and bottom portions around the white footer.. If you check out the attached image you will understand what I mean.

thanks.

Image Attachments
help.PNG

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

ths_

Total Posts:  13

Well, I looked through “reset.css” this morning and sure enough, it’s controlled in there. I didn’t think to look in there becuase with a name like ‘reset’, I figured it had to do with resetting settings once they had been modified. Taken care of now.

Magento Community
Magento Community

sherrie

Total Posts:  1655
Waterloo, ON

It would be helpful to you to download Firebug for Firefox—you can inspect the page with it and it will show you which css file is being used where.
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/1843

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community