Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

change simple product to virtual product in version 1.1

Adam_Shuy

Total Posts:  51
San Jose, CA

Is there a way to change simple product to virtual product in version 1.1?  Otherwise I need to delete the product, then create the new virtual product.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

sdb

Total Posts:  223
coastal California, USA

considering the way products work now, i can’t imagine you can convert something to downloadable. currently you can’t convert a simple product to a configurable one, for example.

Magento Community
Magento Community

harish

Total Posts:  23

I have installed Magento 1.1 Alpha to check the virtual product feature. though virtual product option is available there but i did find option to upload file(e.g. pdf etc). So what how it can done if it remain same in final release.

Magento Community
Magento Community

YoavKutner
Guru

Total Posts:  491

@harish - 1.1 will not include downloadable products. Virtual items are ones that do not require shipping and management of stock. Downloadable items will be added shortly after the 1.1 release.

Thanks

yoav

Magento Community
Magento Community

Corllete Ltd

Total Posts:  47
Bulgaria

YoavKutner - 27 June 2008 04:19 PM

@harish - 1.1 will not include downloadable products. Virtual items are ones that do not require shipping and management of stock. Downloadable items will be added shortly after the 1.1 release.

Thanks

yoav

Now this is not so gut. People, please please help me to stop using ZenCart ... i hate this software but is the only one at this point that supports such kind of goods (downloadable). I’m waiting for this feature since 31.03.2008. So please please hurry up.

Magento Community
Magento Community

jenks

Total Posts:  37
Michigan

SonicE you have to take into account the development process… they have things that are features already that need to be tweaked and/or fixed to bring the quality of the program up to where they want it before they spend too much time adding new features.

Magento Community
Magento Community

abi

Total Posts:  9

I have installed magento 1.1 too to test the virtual product.
The problem is that you must give a stock quantity to have the cart option on the front end. The status is by default “out of stock” and you can’t disable the ‘manage stock’ option.
So is it a bug or am i doing something wrong ?

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community