Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Page 1 of 3
Can I create admin account for each website or store? 

klyuen

Total Posts:  2

Hi all, I’ve spent couple of hours to test Magento and still cannot find a way to create account with role to manage a specific website or store. I’d like to create a website for more than one small vendor to sell their goods, each one of them should have an independent merchant account for payment. Is this feature available now? Please advise. Thanks!

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

adimagento
Guru

Total Posts:  626
Los Angeles, CA

This functionality is not available out of the box.

Magento Community
Magento Community

harakiry

Total Posts:  27

Have you fixed it already?

Magento Community
Magento Community

klyuen

Total Posts:  2

Oh no.. too bad. Do you think it is easy to add this feature by myself?

Magento Community
Magento Community

Fengbo

Total Posts:  7
Beijing

Is there any plan for this feature?  I think it’s nature for magento to be an online shopping mall platform.

Magento Community
Magento Community

adimagento
Guru

Total Posts:  626
Los Angeles, CA

This feature is not on the roadmap.

Magento Community
Magento Community

mirage

Total Posts:  40
Milwaukee, WI

Adi -

Thanks for the heads up. Actually I must say it surprises me that it’s not become part of the roadmap. Finer grained admin priviliges seem to be a frequently requested feature. Is it really hard to do?

-m

Magento Community
Magento Community

gina

Total Posts:  1

I am looking for the same feature in Magento.
Any information on how to achieve this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
G

Magento Community
Magento Community

mirage

Milwaukee, WI

I would just like an answer whether or not it can be accomplished leveraging the standard Magento customization features so as to not having to modify the core and remaining compatible with future core updates.

Cheerio,
-m

Magento Community
Magento Community

envy_

Total Posts:  18

I’m looking for the same feature. Any idea how long it takes to customize magento to support this feature (store owners being able to manage their products) ?

Anyone to recommend a good web development firm that knows magento very well?

Magento Community
Magento Community

Napier

Total Posts:  47

this feature would be huge for me as well - i think a lot of us go to retail stores and sell our platform to them.. the ability for us to manage, report, and gauge them all from one place would be invaluable.

Magento Community
Magento Community

mirage

Milwaukee, WI

I put in a request for quote to Varien to see how long this would take/what it would cost, but haven’t heard anything back. I can only imagine that Varien is wee bit too busy for this sort of thing right now…

Be that as it may, I’ll figure it out one way or another. I’m a full-time PHP developer and intend to become an Ace at Magento customization. I just haven’t had the time to familiarize myself enough with the code to see where I’d need to tie in. There’s no doubt in my mind it’s possible, Magento codebase is extremely modular and very well designed.

Just takes time to get through it all. If my client signs off on my next Magento project, getting this done will be my top priority. Given the frequency of the request for this just makes me think that Varien will add this capability to the core. I’d just hate to invest all this time for naught right now…

-m

Magento Community
Magento Community

envy_

Total Posts:  18

mirage,

I doubt they will add this capability. I think one of their goals is to get more people to install magento, and adding this feature will lead to more people getting magento’s benefits (the store owners) without having to install it.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Fengbo

Total Posts:  7
Beijing

mirage: How about we setup a plugin project for this? I’d like to contribute, but need some guru’s guide

mirage - 19 July 2008 02:48 PM

I put in a request for quote to Varien to see how long this would take/what it would cost, but haven’t heard anything back. I can only imagine that Varien is wee bit too busy for this sort of thing right now…

Be that as it may, I’ll figure it out one way or another. I’m a full-time PHP developer and intend to become an Ace at Magento customization. I just haven’t had the time to familiarize myself enough with the code to see where I’d need to tie in. There’s no doubt in my mind it’s possible, Magento codebase is extremely modular and very well designed.

Just takes time to get through it all. If my client signs off on my next Magento project, getting this done will be my top priority. Given the frequency of the request for this just makes me think that Varien will add this capability to the core. I’d just hate to invest all this time for naught right now…

-m

Magento Community
Magento Community

drock

Total Posts:  8
International

Please keep me posted on the progress....  just starting out with Magneto today but will be getting into this solution in the near future

Magento Community
Magento Community

Khojan

Total Posts:  1

This feature is essential in my opinion. If Magento can be used as a shopping mall as described, then it needs to allow admin accounts that that only manage a single store.

Is there any news on whether this feature is coming?…

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Page 1 of 3