Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

‘Admin - Configuration - Sales Emails’ and templates

ODB

Total Posts:  142
London

Hello there

I think it would be very beneficial to align the name of the email templates with what’s in the ‘Admin - System - Transactional Email’ templates.

For instance - ‘Order Comment Email Template’ in the ‘Order Comments’ section should ideally read ‘Order Update Email Template’ and the section should be called ‘Order Updates’.

They are named differently and this could (well, it has) caused confusion.

ODB

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

yaani

Total Posts:  56

ODB,

Thanks for pointing this out. I was trying to figure out which email & should use or if I should create a new email for Order Comments. I did a search on “Order Comments email” & found this post.

So I am going to assign the Order Update email template for the Order Comments section of the Configuration>Sales>Sales Emails> Oder Comments section.

Now if I can just figure out what email to put for the Invoice & Invoice Comments, Shipment, Shipment Comments, Credit Memo & Credit Memo comments sections.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community