Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

OnepageController saveOrderAction Throwing Error for Successful Gateway Transaction

monkeybrain

Total Posts:  8
Lawrence, KS

Using the Authorize.net payment module (and only that payment module), my orders succeed - as my transaction is recorded in the gateway but Magento apparently does not think it succeeds and thus throws the following error from the OnepageController.php file. I get a javascript pop-up error message from line 298 of OnepageController.php (in public function saveOrderAction()):

"There was an error processing your order. Please contact us or try again later."

No order emails are sent and no order is stored in the db. If customer is a new registrant, they are not saved as customers, however, the gateway shows a successful purchase.

I have checked the paygate_authorizenet_debug table to find that the response_body fields are null and the request_dump, request_serialized, and request_body contain data and look complete (all the data necessary for the transaction is there).

I am tempted to bypass the “try” clause because the transaction is succeeding but that’s just night the right thing to do, as other transactions will indeed fail for valid reasons.

I’m moving from a Zen-cart store which successfully uses an “authorizenet_aim.php” module with my current gateway instead of the supplied “authorize_net” module. Could the answer be related to the _AIM spec (I don’t know the reason for the difference).

Thanks in advance for any positive input!

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

monkeybrain

Lawrence, KS

Commenting out the importData($data) call on line 281 of OnepageController.php:

try {

if ($data $this->getRequest()->getPost('payment'false)) {  

// $this->getOnepage()->getQuote()->getPayment()->importData($data);

}

Results in getting this pop-up error upon placing the order:

“Credit card number mismatch with credit card type”

So, it looks as if my gateway is not understanding the authorize.net call. My gateway is authorize.net compatible - they say.  Would that be an accurate assumption?

Magento Community
Magento Community

monkeybrain

Lawrence, KS

So I’ve contacted my gateway company MerchantPlus which currently offers the NaviGate gateway and the Authorize.net gateway. I am previously a customer of their NaviGate product because they originally did not offer it as NaviGate was Authorize.net module compatible (for Zen-cart and OSCommerce via the authorizenet_aim.php module).

Since I first enrolled, MerchantPlus had begun work on their own Magento module for NaviGate because the Magento default Authorize.net module does not work seamlessly with NaviGate gateway (the very reason I began this thread). A rep from MerchantPlus told me today that they are speculating another two weeks until they have the NaviGate module for Magento ready. The tech support rep stated they are also developing a Magento Authorize.net Automatic Recurring Billing Module (ARB).  Time will tell but that will be the bees knees when that bit gets released.

In response, I signed up for an Authorize.net account so that the current Magento module should be immediately usable.

Thanks for listening.
-P

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community