Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Import productsCSV problems

nyalaman

Total Posts:  8

Hi everyone,

I actually have 2 problems with importing products in a CSV file into the magento site.
I did as I read, created a product manually, exported, followed that format and imported. The first problem I have is:
The images are not getting imported. I noticed for the product I created manually, the image path was the first 2 letters of the image name (i.e for example if the name of the image is example.jpg, the path was e/x/example.jpg). Now what I did was I uploaded all the images to the folder e/x/ and made the path e/x/ for all the products but that did not work.

I just want to know where I need to upload the products’ images and what should be their path in the CSV file.

The second problem I am having is with the size of the CSV file. The file I am trying to upload is around 8 MB and the size limit is 2MB. I read I had to change some limits in the php.ini file and .htaccess file but that did not work. Can anybody tell me what I need to do pleaseee…

I am struggling with this for the past 2 weeks without any use,,,,, if somebody knows a solution to this please respond

And I am sorry if this is a repost. I tried looking through the existing posts but did not find anything useful except for everyone saying they have the same problem......so please help meee

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

nyalaman

Pleaseeeee.......anybodyy.............

Magento Community
Magento Community

lbeetles

Total Posts:  66

upload the images to the media/import folder, the path in the csv should be /image1.jpg

as for the 8mb csv file, just split it up to smaller files under 2mb and upload them individually.

Magento Community
Magento Community

nyalaman

Hi
Thanks a lot for the reply. I just did that. Actually, for the products in my website all 3 images for image,small_image & thumbnail are same. So I uploaded the images to media/import and made the path in csv:  /image1.jpg for all 3 columns image,small_image & thumbnail. But somehow only small_image is working and there is no image for image & thumbnail!!!

And also the html in the description is not working. Like, if I put <b>PRODUCT DESCRIPTION</b>, instead of bolding the text, it is actually showing <b>PRODUCT DESCRIPTION</b> in the description!

Do I have to turn on html anywhere?

I am pretty new to magento so please excuse me if my questions are too dumb but it is very confusing!!!

Thanks again

Magento Community
Magento Community

tiep

Total Posts:  3

i can help u ...pm me

bali holidays
apartments in Rome

Magento Community
Magento Community