Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Lazzymonks WordPress integration ---> phpBB + WordPress Integration? 

norbolig
Guru

Total Posts:  328

Lazzymonks is doing a fantastic job with the Lazzymonks WordPress Integration. Thanks!

Looking further, there is a phpBB + WordPress Integration (more information can be found here: http://www.2by2host.com/services/mods#upgrade_to_phpbb3_gold_service).

phpBB + WordPress Integration
Compatible with: phpbb2
MOD Description: WP-United is a powerful yet compact modification for phpBB 2. The package integrates WordPress, the leading blogging and content management tool, into a phpBB community.

Does anyone have any experience with how this integration works? Is it better than having WordPress and phpBB installed as two separate modules?

By the way, for those considering adduing the phpBB, another Magento Forum member (Ron Phillips) is offering a nice phpBB integration with Magento that can be found here: www.boom-studios.net

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

turnon

Total Posts:  129

Why wordpress + phpbb integration ? and not wordpress + bbpress integration

Magento Community
Magento Community

norbolig
Guru

Total Posts:  328

Maybe we can have a discussion on that - what is the advantage and disadvantage of those two forums?

Magento Community
Magento Community

lazzymonk
Guru

Total Posts:  391
England

as if you guys are not keeping me busy enough as it is lol. i might work on some other integration soon. but as of friday im taking a well earned holiday to a place where there are no computers, just trees and the sea for 2 weeks. so you will have to wait, or do it your self.

when i get back i will be starting a new project though. so until then, stay tuned

Magento Community
Magento Community

oldboy

Total Posts:  80

Would it be very difficult to have example 5 latest post from phpbb forum displayed in a block on magento front page ??

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community