Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Problem with reindexing after installation. Please help. 

CyberMuscle

Total Posts:  2
Slovenia

Hello.

I am new to magento. I followed tutorials on how to install magetno and now when I try to reindex product prices in system/index management i get an error. Everything else is reindexed normally!

Invalid backend model specified: catalog/product_attribute_backend_startdate_specialprice

I am running magento 1.8.1 with sample data. Can’t find a detailed answer on google. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thank you,
Dusko

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

brendanb
Mentor

Total Posts:  1093
London, United Kingdom

Hey,

Cant be 100% sure, but from the error, it could be a missing piece of data from the test database.

Have you tried setting with fresh with no sample data.? Sorry, I cant say. Ive never used the test data, always created my own manually.

Customer, Product, Order, etc.

brendan

Magento Community
Magento Community

CyberMuscle

Total Posts:  2
Slovenia

Thanks for info I will try that.

Magento Community
Magento Community