Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Live Sites? 

pdol

Total Posts:  4

I have been reading about Magento for some time now and have played around with, anticipating the production version.  Like many others out there I am disappointed.  Not in the product per say, but the documentation for it.  it is virtually non-existent.  I was looking forward to moving my existing stores to something that promised to be more professional, but it cannot happen until somebody starts answering basic questions that have been posted for weeks.  I have only posted one question because many others have already posted questions that I would like answers to also.  Most of these go unanswered.  People have already said what needs to take place to fix the problems so I won’t go into that here.  Am I just wasting my time on this version? Becasue it really feels like it.

Curious, does any non-developer/programmer have an actual live site that is working, receiveing orders..etc?  Anybody...?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

CreedFeed

Total Posts:  74
Milwaukee, WI

I agree that there is somewhat of a lack of documentation and it’s very frustrating trying to find answers to what you would think is simple questions. However I myself am not giving up. I really like the product so far. I’ll stick with it and attempt to figure stuff out on my own (I am a programmer so I’ll eventually get it lol).

Magento Community
Magento Community

scottyeah

Total Posts:  25
Murwillumbah, NSW, Australia

Can relate to your anguish pdol. Excellence of the general idea notwithstanding, I have often wondered if this is really a 1.0 release, or are we all guinea pigs…

Anyhow, so far I’ve managed to scurry around this forum and solve most problems as they have arisen. Answers on some outstanding issues with Paypal checkout and coupons would be welcome at this stage.... in the meantime will keep an eye out for succesful Magento stores.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community