Magento Forum

There has been an error processing your request :0

dets03ab

Total Posts:  66

Hi guys

I am trying to make a multilingual magento shop and went under Manage Stores to create a new store. However i mistankenly chose a wrong root site and now I get this error:

“There has been an error processing your request”

Also I can not even access Magento admin anymore - what should I do to restore the site?

Kind regards

dets

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

jenks

Total Posts:  37
Michigan

I would delete everything via FTP (actually if you have cpanel, the file manager will be quicker) and then go into phpmyadmin and delete the database. You could alternatively just install it on a new database as well if your not comfortable with deleting the old one. I would shy away from trying to use the current database without dumping it first as an entry in that database is probably causing this is.

Another small possibility is that maybe somebody around here can confirm that this setting is in your database and tell you how and where to delete or alter the mysql entry, possibly bringing your install back to life.

I’m going to try to pick up the slack around here so posts like this don’t sit for 2 days however at this time I don’t know as much as I’d like to about the software.

Magento Community
Magento Community

KarenKilroy

Total Posts:  39

I had this error as a result of having a mistake in the database name inside my app/etc/local.xml file.

I fixed the name, it all started working.

This happened to me after I copied my magento implementation to a new server. When I changed the name of the database to the new copy is when I made the mistake in the database name.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community