Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Catalogs Still not showing [solved]

j45on

Total Posts:  10

I have reinstalled magento at least 3 times and filled in the product category and products and yet my catalogs is still not showing. It has been 2 weeks since i setup my domain and with nothing up.

I’m so fed up with the manual although I have followed it step by step and it does not work for me. Does anyone know what is the problem preventing the catalogs from showin in the main page?

GAH! Joomla!

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Lior
Magento Team

Total Posts:  293

Did you assign your categories as a sub category of the root category in the admin?
Maybe show a screen shot of you Admin > Category Manager

Magento Community
Magento Community

j45on

Yes, Root Category is selected as Parent Category when creating a Product Category.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Anjanesh

Total Posts:  136
Mumbai, India

Yes, Root Category is selected as Parent Category when creating a Product Category.

Parent Category should be default-Category, not root-category. Thats a mistake many make.

Magento has kept root-category as parent of all stores.
When you create another store, add new store-category under root-category and then add your categories under the newly defined store-category.

And once thats done delete /var/cache contents.

Magento Community
Magento Community

j45on

Ok, that works for me.

Perhaps there should be a better explanation or layout categories so users will not be confused by this again, since it is made for more user friendliness.

Thanks a lot.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community