Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Passing flashVars in Magento

lee@underwaterpistol

Total Posts:  1

Hello all

First time using Magento and so far I’m very impressed. I have one question with regards to it and flash though. My main header nav is in flash (unfortunately a requirement of the website) which I have got up and running. With previous websites I have used a variable in the flash call which tells the nav which section it is in and to display accordingly. This is done using the “?variableName=XXX” after location of the movie on each page.

With Magento I only have the movie referenced once in the header.phtml file though, and so I am not sure how to go about passing the variable to it depending on the page. In case the above makes no sense, here is what is in the header.phtml:

<div id="flash_panel">
<script type="text/javascript\">
var FO = { movie:"http://www.myurl.com/cars/header.swf?xpos=130" };
UFO.create(FO, “alt_splash");
</script>
<div id="alt_splash">
</div>
</div>

The above works great at getting the xpos variable into flash, but I can’t figure out an easy way to get Magento to change the variable according to the section. I’m not much of a programmer, but does anyone know of any php include that might help me out?

Thanks in advance.
Lee

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community