Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Product editing - giving 404 from Admin

emagine

Total Posts:  36

Working on my site, I have the products all in, 5900 or so at this point, my categories all in, and as of yesterday I could change everything I wanted to. The attributes were the next big thing. So what we did was add all of the attributes to the default set, under a custom tab (92) attributes) in the default set and since that point we haven’t been able to view any product information.

Clicking this link now:

http://host.net/index.php/admin/catalog_product/edit/id/5971/

Takes me to a 404 not found page. I can look at the list of products, just no details.

This is the only page in the site that has this problem, as all of the other admin pages work fine, even the attributes pages. And this is the only thing that changed since yesterday.

Is there any fix or if it isn’t a bug, is there some way to ameliorate the situation? We took some attributes out of the setup to see if it had hit a limit or something, but to no avail. We simply can’t get in to edit products now.

This is the latest version on linux php 5 etc etc.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

emagine

http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/5200/

Someone said entering a text value of higher than the limit might throw an error?

I have unassigned attributes from the list and I am still getting the same thing. Is there any way of finding the offending article?

This is the error message:

a:2:{i:0;s:67:"SQLSTATE[HY093]: Invalid parameter number: no parameters were bound";i:1;s:1747:"#0

Magento Community
Magento Community

emagine

Made a completely new attribute set, and took out all of the added attributes, basically leaving everything in that was a system attribute only.

Then I added a new product - simple one for this test set.

Then I added my new product, and clicked > save and continue editing

I get the 404 error now, so it would seem something else is wonky. Any help is greatly appreciated as the site won’t run now and we can do nothing on it.

Here is the rror report I get:

a:2:{i:0;s:67:"SQLSTATE[HY093]: Invalid parameter number: no parameters were bound";i:1;s:1747:"#0 /home/shopnue/public_html/lib/Zend/Db/Statement.php(283): Zend_Db_Statement_Pdo->_execute(Array)
#1 /home/shopnue/public_html/lib/Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php(406): Zend_Db_Statement->execute(Array)
#2 /home/shopnue/public_html/lib/Zend/Db/Adapter/Pdo/Abstract.php(206): Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query(Object(Varien_Db_Select), Array)
#3 /home/shopnue/public_html/lib/Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php(617): Zend_Db_Adapter_Pdo_Abstract->query(Object(Varien_Db_Select), Array)
#4 /home/shopnue/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Mysql4/Translate.php(100): Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->fetchAll(Object(Varien_Db_Select))
#5 /home/shopnue/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Catalog/Model/Resource/Eav/Attribute.php(114): Mage_Core_Model_Mysql4_Translate->getTranslationArrayByStrings(Array, 0)
#6 /home/shopnue/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Adminhtml/controllers/Catalog/ProductController.php(68): Mage_Catalog_Model_Resource_Eav_Attribute::initLabels(0)
#7 /home/shopnue/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Adminhtml/controllers/Catalog/ProductController.php(148): Mage_Adminhtml_Catalog_ProductController->_initProduct()
#8 /home/shopnue/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Action.php(342): Mage_Adminhtml_Catalog_ProductController->editAction()
#9 /home/shopnue/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Router/Admin.php(148): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Action->dispatch(’edit’)
#10 /home/shopnue/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Front.php(146): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Router_Admin->match(Object(Mage_Core_Controller_Request_Http))
#11 /home/shopnue/public_html/app/Mage.php(427): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Front->dispatch()
#12 /home/shopnue/public_html/index.php(40): Mage::run()
#13 {main}”;}

Magento Community
Magento Community

emagine

Bump!

I am looking in the forums and quite a few people have this error, which seems to not have been addressed. Any chance of osmeone knowing what this could be?

I could go through a complete re-install, and transfer of everything to a new installation, but with 6k products and a myriad of categories and attributes, saving the time by adjusting one or two things would help weeks of effort.

Otherwise I am dead in the water and probably not the only one.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community