Magento Forum

Page 2 of 4
Google Analytics can not track all sales transactions

johnh123

Total Posts:  64

I’m having this problem with 1.2.1.2- GA misses at least half of my transactions, and not just paypal ones- authorize.net as well.  Also, one particular product line is always missed.  Strange and bothersome.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

ErotoToys

Total Posts:  8

This Paypal thing is a red herring.  I am not using Paypal at all, only Auth.NET.  Google Analytics is not recording all my completed transactions.  I estimate I am missing 1/3-1/2 of all completed transactions.  I verified this by looking up order numbers over the last couple of weeks and comparing them to the order numbers recorded by GA.  This appears to be a serious bug in Magento.  Can a developer please respond to this?  It’s a serious issue.

Magento Community
Magento Community

skippybosco
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  796

I am also running Authorize.NET exclusive on a few sites and seeing 100% of my transactions as being logged (~2500+ transactions a day on the higher volume one). I am running a mix of 1.2.1.x and 1.3.

Developing a pattern of what is unique about the users that are being recorded and the ones that are not is critical in figuring out where the problem is being manifested so that I, or another dev, can reproduce and look deeper into the issue. Without any data it is tough to just go on “it is not working”.

You can identify patterns based on the statistics related to success and abandonment in GA (ie. what are the patterns of the users that are not being marked as success and what are the outliers that seem to have consistent abandonment at time of purchase).

Is it a specific product, specific product combination, specific browser type, etc.

Also, have you confirmed that all of your users are being tracked from a pagview perspective (ie. do you server log stats match the page view stats in GA).  You can also use those to determine which IPs are hitting the completed transactions (and how many) to see if the issue is that they are never being show the page or that GA is just not recording it.

Magento Community
Magento Community

johnh123

Well, like I said, with me, it is a particular product line that isn’t caught.  The clicks and conversions are caught by adwords, and if I go in the adwords section of analytics, I can calculate the sales because it knows my rpc for that line, even though it can’t seem to figure out that it can multiply my rpc x my clicks to figure out my sales.

The only time analytics records these sales is if it is paid for by google checkout.

Oh, and it does catch the clicks and pageviews for the product line, just not the sales.

Magento Community
Magento Community

skippybosco
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  796

Anything unique about that particular product (ie. simple, grouped, download, virtual, etc) that is different from your products that are working successful?

If you manually go through the transaction process yourself do you end up on the correct success page AND when you view the contents of the page is the GA script tag recording the transaction present? Is it exactly the same as a product that is working correctly?

Magento Community
Magento Community

johnh123

Nothing unique about it; originally it was a grouped product, then a couple weeks ago I also put up the products individually, and GA doesn’t get them either way.

When I place an order I get the success page and the ga script is there with the correct info- like I said, it is recording the information, as you can tease it out from the adwords section of GA.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Etasker

Total Posts:  54
Denmark

Having same problem, one third of our orders is not in analytics.

Magento Community
Magento Community

johnh123

This was fixed for us with the latest upgrade.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Etasker

Denmark

Strange ... 1.3.1.1 or 1.3.1?

Magento Community
Magento Community

johnh123

Magento Community
Magento Community

Etasker

Denmark

We are running 1.3.1. I try reinstall it.

Magento Community
Magento Community

johnh123

The problem for us what the quotes- the products not being recorded had quotes in them.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Etasker

Denmark

The problem wasn’t the qoutes for us.
We tried reinstalling all the different parts of Magento but it didn’t do the job.

It’s tracking most of the orders, but far from all.

Any ideas ?  our site http://e-tasker.dk

Magento Community
Magento Community

eitai2001
Guru

Total Posts:  330
Johannesburg, South Africa

I’m also having the same issue. It is tracking some of my orders, but not all of them ... but is inconsistent. Like it will tracksome pending, but not all. Some cancelled items are tracked too. Some Confirmed orders as well, but not all. There should be some sort of button that you can “Sync with Analytics” or something so that magento sends all order data to google again and that should fill in everything.

Magento Community
Magento Community

thegreyham

Total Posts:  5

Im also having this problem with a pretty new installation of Magento 1.3.2.2 and Google Analytics, It seems to only be tracking product conversions intermittently.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Page 2 of 4