Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Page 1 of 2
Setup Prices for Different Customer Groups

bradgman

Total Posts:  13
Chciago IL

Say I sell directly to customers as well as to distributors, obviously a distributor will get a lower price then a customer can. Is there any way to set this up without using quantity based prices or promotions?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

_

Total Posts:  152

You can use Shopping Cart price rules. In this section you can add a rule to set a discount for a specified group on per store basis.

More about this you’ll find here: http://www.magentocommerce.com/knowledge-base/entry/what-are-shopping-cart-price-rules-and-how-do-i-use-them/

Magento Community
Magento Community

_

To do so you must follow these 3 steps:

1. add a new shopping cart rule
2. in first step select one or more customers groups for which the discount should apply
3. On Conditions and Actions screen leave Conditions blank but set something like this in Actions

Perform following actions:

* Update product’s Rule price To Percentage :  90

Where 90 is desired value after discounting.

All other options you can leave default.

This will function as a promotion / special discount (so it will show in frontend) but this functionality you can alter in design package.

Magento Community
Magento Community

dmitry

Total Posts:  5

I’d do it a bit differently. Instead of using Shopping Cart Price Rule, I’d use Catalog Price Rules for creating discounts for Wholesale/Distributor Customers. This way the entire catalog pricing will be adjusted as soon as you logged in. Otherwise, your distributor will be able to see special discount prices only when one puts something in a shopping cart.

Magento Community
Magento Community

_

Heh smile exactly that i’ve had in my mind. . Sorry for mistake. The actions that i described reffer to Catalog not to Shopping cart.

Magento Community
Magento Community

mizi65

Total Posts:  2

I have this problem: the prices are different for groups, but not in % and not for fixed value. They are 5 prices different for 5 groups.

Magento Community
Magento Community

gento

Total Posts:  16

Wouldn’t it be better to set up a subdomain like wholesale.widgets.com and then create a new website in system/configuration?

Magento Community
Magento Community

YoavKutner
Guru

Total Posts:  491

@mizi65 - you should be able to use the catalog price rules so that after your customers log in they will see their price.

Thanks

yoav

Magento Community
Magento Community

gento

Total Posts:  16

I am still wondering how to best accommodate two pricing structures for wholesale and retail.

If I use the catalog rule as suggested here by A.Piotrowski (Lento.pl) et al, I have the advantage easy setup.

But if for instance I wanted to then allow for additional payment options, shipping methods, notifications (...) for the wholesale customers , could I do that? I guess not.

So if I wanted to stay flexible in regards to different store settings for wholesale and retail, what’s the best strategy in your guys opinion?

Is it a subdomain as a seperate web store or is it best to have its own domain?

Magento Community
Magento Community

YoavKutner
Guru

If you wanted to only have different prices per customer group, then price rules should be good enough. But, if you want to have different payment/shipping options, and if you don’t want to do any custom coding for now I would say your best option is multiple-stores that are not under the same website (I mean Magento website, it can share the same domain as a sub domain).

Thanks

yoav

Magento Community
Magento Community

mizi65

Total Posts:  2

I need 5 price fields for product, I can add 5 attrbute set (price 1, price 2 etc) but can I control the view of single price based on custumer group?

Magento Community
Magento Community

YoavKutner
Guru

This can be done by adding some custom coding and adding attributes as you describe, or by using the Catalog Price Rules module which is designed to do just that.

Thanks

yoav

Magento Community
Magento Community

TourTools

Total Posts:  1

YoavKutner - 30 October 2007 10:22 AM

This can be done by adding some custom coding and adding attributes as you describe, or by using the Catalog Price Rules module which is designed to do just that.

Thanks

yoav

Hello Yoav,

i’ve the same problem of mizi65, I’ve created 4 groups of customers, 3 price attribs (price1, price2,...) and inserted these in all the attribs sets.
I want the customer of “customer group 1” visualize only the attrib “price1” for all the products and not the others prices, and the same thing for the others customer group-price.

I’ve tried to do it with Catalog Price Rules, but it seems not possible, the action provided by the rule allows only to “rule the price” attribute and not to show or hide an attribute instead of another or any other action. How can I let it work?

Magento Community
Magento Community

YoavKutner
Guru

@TourTools - the Catalog Price Rules allow you to change the price based on a group so there is no need to create new price attributes. I recommend trying the Catalog Price Rules before trying your solution.

Thanks

yoav

Magento Community
Magento Community

tsifra

Total Posts:  57

I’ve got the same problem: different customer groups, different price levels.

Tire price and Price rules are nice. But it’s not very useful for me now.

When i use tier pricing i have to define Qty (1 or above). But i need to apply this price just to customer group, not customer group and quantity. Farther more, when i’m trying to use price filtering, filter uses base price. It’s not very comfortable.

Using Price rules is possible, but it’s not very comfortable too (especially SKU).

For example: i have two goods.
product1 Price - 100 Cost - 80
product2 Price - 100 Cost - 50

Creating price rule for customer group with 20% discount will cause me selling product1 without profit. So in price rule actions i need other action type: For example final price will be: Price - (Price - Cost)*0.5

Different price fields and custom coding is possible, but i think i’ll have great problems with checkout and other functions, because whole Magento will try to use field called “Price” as base, not mine “Price %N%”.

The best way, i think, is Price 1, Price 2 ... in product attributes and assignment price level to customer groups and customers.

Is there any plans to implement something like this?

Magento Community
Magento Community

tsifra

Total Posts:  57

The problem is fixed for me. Dirty, but works!

1. Create custom attribute and give it name like price_gp[Customer group ID]. Create fields for all customer groups, if you need.
2. Add this field to attribute sets you need
3. Fill attribute fields of products
4. Override getPrice method of Mage_Catalog_Model_Product_Type_Price with this code

public function getPrice($product)

{
    $groupid 
0;
        if (
$product->getCustomerGroupId()) {
            $groupid 
$product->getCustomerGroupId();

else {
        $groupid 
Mage::getSingleton('customer/session')->getCustomerGroupId();

}

$resultPrice 
$product->getData('price');
    if (
$groupid != 0{
            $product
->load($product->getId());

$customPrice $product->getData('price_gp' $groupid);
            if ((
$customPrice == '') || ($customPrice == 0)) {
                $customPrice 
$resultPrice;

}

$resultPrice 
$customPrice;

}

return $resultPrice;

}

If price for the group is not found standard price is used.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Page 1 of 2