Magento Forum

PinkMarzipan.com goes live with Magento, Protx Direct & Flash! Skin & Protx Module available

rmclondon

Total Posts:  9
London UK

Good afternooon all,

My Magento site http://www.pinkmarzipan.com has been live for a week now and the sales and traffic are already up four fold from the older CartWeaver based site. The flexibility it allowed me both as designer and developer is incredible and the client loves it. Magento is a triumph for the open source business model and a beautifully architectured example to developers everywhere, so keep up the good work guys smile

I ended up getting really over excited about this project and extending Magento 1.0 quite significantly from the out of the box version to include Protx Direct payment integration & Flash in the skin. Also; as the image quality on the DHTML zoom component was not sufficient for my clients needs I overrode that with a simple larger image. I am working on incorporating a Hi-res Flash based zoom tool in this section instead too and will post again when it is completed.

If you are interested in purchasing either the skin or the Protx direct module please pm me with a reasonable offer and we may be able to come to some arrangement.

Many thanks and best wishes for all future developments,

Regards,

Rob

P.S Some impartial reccommendations from someone who has spent a very long time finding optimal solutions:
- Highly reccommend http://www.xtrahost.co.uk who have been most accomodating and provided a consistently excellent service
- Highly reccommend GSiteCrawler http://gsitecrawler.com/ a free tool for the generation of sitemap.xml amd urllist.txt for Y! & Google

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

johnh123

Total Posts:  64

Nice site- that is about the fastest yet I have seen with Magento.  Any special tricks to get it to be so responsive?

Magento Community
Magento Community

norbolig
Guru

Total Posts:  328

Congratulation with a very nice shop. It gives inspiration to see. And, I love the shop name.

The Flash on the frontpage, taking the customer directly to the selected brand, is certainly a nice feature.

I downloaded from you site detailed product images with 2700 x 1700 pixels (!) in much less than 1 sec. (Until know, I have believed my LCD display was big enough).

The Personal Shopper Service is a nice service never seen before. Even better than to be in the real shop.

Finally, thank you for the recommendations. GSiteCrawler looks very interesting, that I will test out.

Magento Community
Magento Community

rmclondon

Total Posts:  9
London UK

Thanks guys. Kudos has to go to the Magneto engineers and the optimized hosting at Xtra for the responsiveness, I just kept all my assets reasonably trim, there’s no special optimization tricks in the skin. I think the fact that it’s UK hosted in London makes a massive difference.

I had trouble adding my own custom JS files so I modified builder.js in app to include the source of Geoff Stearns’s swfobject.js. It’s a bit of a hack but it works great if you want o be able to quickly embed Flash in CMS page code. Handy tip for all you Flash heads out there smile

Magento Community
Magento Community

Very Clever Stuff

Total Posts:  90
Sheffield, UK

Is the Protx module the same as the one on Connect?

Magento Community
Magento Community

berryb

Total Posts:  5

Hi,

I’ve had success embedding flash in Magento, but I’m also trying to use the PhotoFlow component from FlashLoaded.  I’m having a little difficulty with the external XML load.  Do you have any thoughts on getting the component up and running quick? I.E… where to store the external images (unless you’re not loading them externally)

Thanks,
Berry

Magento Community
Magento Community

J_T_
Mentor

Total Posts:  1961
London-ish, UK

@ rmclondon, could you share some hosting stats? Up until yours, I’ve only seen slow shops. If you could share your server config and maybe the optimized trickery, that would be fantastic.

Magento Community
Magento Community

whitesa11

Total Posts:  7

I would love to talk with you about doing a skin for my site - I love what you have done design wise with this

Email me at

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community