Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

SEO: Ensure different URLs per Store View (Language)

Joerg

Total Posts:  9

I am building a store (or rather: migrating from Zen Cart) that is optimised for SEO. In order to maintain my content index in Magento, I will need a different URLs for every product under every store view, such as:

/ottoman.en.html
/ottoman.es.html

or

/en/ottoman.html
/es/ottoman.html

or any similar solution. Is that kind of functionality prepared or will I have to do that development myself?

Thanks in advance for any tips.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Joerg

Total Posts:  9

Sometimes the solution is so simple… :-D

Here it is:

1. In Admin -> System -> Manage Stores, ensure that each store view has the “Code” you want to use in the URL
2. In Admin -> Configuration -> Web -> Url Options set Add Store Code to Urls to “Yes”

You will then have URLs like those:

/en/ottoman.html
/es/ottoman.html

Cheers!

Joerg.

Magento Community
Magento Community

zimatar

Total Posts:  2

will it require a change in the htaccess?

would you be kind enough to share your htaccess? I tried to apply the one in the package but i got errors.

TIA

Magento Community
Magento Community

Mirasvit
Guru

Total Posts:  639

Unfortunately CMS Magento ill-suited for high-quality SEO promotion. Many of the features or not, or they do not work well. Improve the situation can be further extensions, such as these:http://mirasvit.com/magento-extensions/advanced-seo-suite.html. Try it.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community