Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Translation problem
 
Joerg
Jr. Member
 
Total Posts:  9
Joined:  2008-06-04
 

Hello all,

My store is not loading the translation as epxected. Here is what I did:

1) Download “Spanish (Colombia)” language pack from http://www.magentocommerce.com/langs/list/
2) Uploaded and unpacked to web server, so I have parallel en_US and es_CO directories
3) Added line

<es_CO/><!-- Spanish (Colombia) -->
to app/etc/config.xml after
<es_MX/><!-- Spanish (Mexico) -->
4) Created a new store view in Admin -> System -> Manage Stores, called “Spanish”, code “spanish”
5) Under Admin -> System -> Configuration, for the Store View “Spanish”, assigned “español (Colombia)” in General -> Locale options

I now have the correct dropdown in the front end, but changing to the new store view keeps everything in English. I have tried refreshing the Cache but that didn’t help. Changing the language in the backend also does not change any text.

I have already checked the file permissions to make sure the CSV files are readable, but they have the same permissions as the en_US files.

I’ve googled and searched the forums for many hours already, but I can’t find what it is I am missing.

Please help!

Thank you,

Joerg.

 
Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
 
Joerg
Jr. Member
 
Total Posts:  9
Joined:  2008-06-04
 

Fixed!

Finally found out what was missing. When uploading the translation pack to my server (1and1 US), I unpacked using SSH with the unzip command available. That however unpacks all the filenames in lower-case and thus they could not be found by Magento.

After unzipping on my Vista desktop and uploading files one by one through SFTP, maintaining case of filenames, and then refreshing Cache again, everything worked as expected.

Hope this helps someone else.

Thanks anyway,

Joerg.

 
Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Back to top