Magento Forum

Customer create new account directly into custom Customergroup

Roy Andre

Total Posts:  209

Ok, this feature would be greatly appreciated if someone could tell us how to solve (Hug over IP will be sent):

Lets say a store has made a deal with a school or a big company that all their students or employees will receive 20% discount on some selected items, etc.

The best way to solve this would be to create a customergroup called “JohnDoeHighSchool” or something like that and set that customergroup up with the needed discount-rates, etc. (this works out of the box today).

BUT, whats missing (as far as I can see) but would be REALLY nice is if there was an extra field in the Create Customer form (account/create) where the customers could type in either a Customer group or special Code which makes them automatically be added to the wanted Customer group.

Guess we could tweak around and do this ourselves, but if there’s an easy solution of this that would be fantastic!

Anyone ready to put this Monday into the history books of yet-another-great-Magento-day?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

ukdazza
Guru

Total Posts:  308

Any progress on this? This is ESSENTIAL I believe. Otherwise, we (sellers) have to go into customers one by one and put them in the groups they should be in. In the example above we could end up with 100’s or more customers signing up...we’re probably not going to know out of them all which are for which group!

Anyone...any progress?

Magento Community
Magento Community

lemax
Guru

Total Posts:  318
Nantes, France

I was thinking about that this afternoon !
This would be very very useful and would save us a lot of time and reactivity !
Thanks
Max

Magento Community
Magento Community

ukdazza
Guru

Total Posts:  308

Well we launched the site this afternoon, and have had 5 people register with us. I had to go in and manually put them into the groups that I know they belong in...but a) if i didnt know and b) if there were more i would have to be doing it all night every night!

Someone else must have thought of this...there must be a solution already....

Magento Community
Magento Community

lemax
Guru

Total Posts:  318
Nantes, France

I really need this !
Any idea ?

Thanks
Max