Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

A Couple of newbie questions.. 

CypherUk

Total Posts:  7
Essex, UK

Hi Folks.

I’ve come across Magento recently and so far i have been very impressed.

I have been using another eCommerce package for about 4 years and now think that it is time for a fresh perspective.

I do have a couple of questions tho. 1) is there anywhere i can access new modules/contributions? and Are mods/contribs ‘drop-in’ or is hacking of the code required?

I look forward to rebuilding my empire on Magento smile

Mark smile

Ack! not a good start!!.... I realised i posted this on the wrong board red face could one of the mods/admins please move it? smile

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

adimagento
Guru

Total Posts:  626
Los Angeles, CA

Hey Mark,

All new extensions and contributions can be found through Magento Connect - http://www.magentocommerce.com/magento-connect

Once you download the Magento Connect Manager extension, the installation of new modules should be fairly simple.

http://www.magentocommerce.com/extension/119/magento-downloader

Magento Community
Magento Community

bravehartk2

Total Posts:  34

Hallo,
Is there any documentation abaut the possible xml Elements and Attributes? It is vary confusing to lern about magento without any nowlwedge of the possible Tags! The dedgners guide dosn´t help me much to get close to Magento.

Thanks,
Bravehartk2

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community