Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Page 6 of 6
Poll
Should Magento support any Transport Agent
Yes sure 392
Yes Maybe 23
Yes 50
I don’t know 31
Total Votes: 496
You must be a logged-in member to vote
Use any smtp to send email (even gmail)

chiefair
Mentor

Total Posts:  1848

AlSal - 19 June 2010 01:19 AM

1) Return path not set correctly - The Zend Framework mail transport tutorial clearly states how to set the return path on an email. Magento does not use this correctly. consequently, the return path is likely to be set to ‘apache@yourserverHostName.com’ which will likely get flagged as spam.

Using version 1.4.x.x, your Advanced System Config, Set Return-Path for email lets you set a “Specified” return path email. Use a valid email address for your business in the next field. It creates a proper “return path” then.

Merely setting Set Return-Path to yes will produce your sample which is invalid, unless you create an email account in your domain that matches it.

This works in 1.4.1.1 for smtp.gmail.com with port set to 587
No need to install yet another module and cross your fingers in hopes that there are no conflicts.

Ports commonly used for SMTP servers

TLS 587 - SSL 465 - Unsecure 25

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

zelester

Total Posts:  2

Many thanks to Darwin!

I also installed ASchroder’s SMTP Pro Email extension, and it did help.
None of the code changes listed in this post helped....

Magento Community
Magento Community

zinc

Total Posts:  14

We hit the same problems:

- New Customer signup eMails got send (But only to the customer. We didn’t get the configured copy)
- We got the contact form eMails
- Customers didn’t get any order eMails, so didn’t we

I also installed SMTP Pro Email and beside it’s a masterful extension and makes live easier, as I can now also configure our test and development setups to use our main SMTP, it still didn’t change the problem with not sent eMails.

So I thought about which of the installed extensions mess around with eMails/templates, and I just disabled J2T’s SMS Gateway by renaming

/app/etc/modules/J2t_Smsgateway.xml
to
/app/etc/modules/J2t_Smsgateway.xml_

and see ... No problems with eMails anymore - All eMails get send from there on.

Well, J2T’s SMS Gateway anyway isn’t working that great or in the way we need it and it’s not a big loss, so at times, it’s just some extension, that mess it up, and not Magento itself.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Shaaa

Total Posts:  77

Any solution for V 1.5.0.1?
Because i can’t find class Zend_Mail_Transport_Smtp in my Template.php file. Only available Zend_Mail_Transport_Sendmail

Magento Community
Magento Community

Extendware

Total Posts:  231

You can use our SMTP Email Plus Magento Extension, which supports several authentication modes, connection types, allows messages to be sent from the admin area, and can even log all outgoing messages for auditing.

Magento Community
Magento Community

ryanp

Total Posts:  76
Germany

There’s a very good module that allows you to send using google apps. I’ve used it for over a year with no problems.

http://www.magentocommerce.com/magento-connect/aschroder-com-smtp-pro-email-free-and-easy-magento-emailing-for-smtp-gmail-or-google-apps-email.html

Magento Community
Magento Community

Sunovisio

Total Posts:  94
Ho Chi Minh

Hi all,

Many extension exists already for this feature. We needed this feature for many of our clients so we developed our own extension. You can find it here: http://www.magentocommerce.com/magento-connect/smtp-extension-8893.html

Magento Community
Magento Community

tanuki

Total Posts:  4

Is there any extension that also supports attachments?

I’m using an extension that generates and sends PDF invoices to customers, and the otherwise wonderful Aschroder SMTP Pro extension will send mails fine, except those with attachments, unfortunately. They do not get sent, logged, anything. Not even an error message, in fact Magento falsely reports the mail was sent successfully.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Amasty
Mentor

Total Posts:  3988

Hello,

You may also try our new SMTP Email Settings extension. It will enable you to:

- Use reliable email providers (gmail, yahoo) to decrease email rejection
- Set SMTP authentication and connection security params
- See log of all emails, with detailed view of messages
- Debug mode for easy detection of wrong settings
- Option to automatically clear logs after a certain period

You can find more info at http://amasty.com/magento-smtp-email-settings.html

Image Attachments
magento-smtp-debug-log.pngmagento-smtp-connection-test.jpgmagento-smtp-message-view.pngmagento-smtp-sent-log.png

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Page 6 of 6