I don’t know 31
Total Votes: 496
You must be a logged-in member to vote
Use any smtp to send email (even gmail)

charismeki

Total Posts:  35
Potsdam

The workaround fixed it. I am using plesk 9.2.2 on linux and magento 1.3.2.4

Before the email queue said for “from” = and didn’t send the mails out. I think there is an option missing at magento where to put the from email address because other servers are rejecting emails with unkown sender. I did not find the correct field where to fill in that missing label. I tried HOURS but without success.

Thanks for the workaround. Have not tested newsletter function but everything is working very well ^^

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Basil Abbas

Total Posts:  5
Bangalore, India

I have followed all the instructions but still i am not able to send customer comments via smtp.google.com. I have always used google apps for my company emails. But some how am not able to run it in magento.
Firstly there are 2 contradicting sections. One which says to change the tempate.php and the other to change the email.php.

I wish someone would put up clear instructions as to how to get it done in the latest release of magento.

regards

Magento Community
Magento Community

Basil Abbas

Bangalore, India

Hi,

finally after hours of working on it i managed to make it work!! My Magento version is 1.3.2.4. you can follow the same coding put up by Pedro Araujo. It works perfectly with smtp.gmail.com

Also the changing of end line to “/n” has already been done in my version. so nothing has to be done there.

AND ITS THE TEMPLATE.PHP FILE that needs to be changed.

Hope it works out for you as well.

Magento Community
Magento Community

writemcodeboy

Total Posts:  33

+1 to Pedro !! ..... solved my woes on this issue.  Thanks Basil for the referral.

Magento Community
Magento Community

nicZcool

Total Posts:  4

Big thanks to Pedro for write me the code, Basil and writemcodeboy for the referal.. Now I can get everything works properly on my Google apps mail. Thanks again.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Toni Anicic

Total Posts:  69

Have a look at this:

Custom email server (transport) with Magento (extension)

Magento Community
Magento Community

AlSal

Total Posts:  17
Washington, DC

There are 2 basic reasons that all email coming from Magento go directly to SPAM folder:

1) Return path not set correctly - The Zend Framework mail transport tutorial clearly states how to set the return path on an email. Magento does not use this correctly. consequently, the return path is likely to be set to ‘apache@yourserverHostName.com’ which will likely get flagged as spam.

2) HTML only emails - Emails should have a text version to them as well as HTML. HTML only emails get a higher spam score.

Magento Community
Magento Community

griefex

Total Posts:  52
Malta

Has anyone managed to get SMTP email to work on contact forms in magento v. 1.4 on Mediatemple Dedicated servers? I am not getting any error messages and log files are not being created, but no email gets sent.

I have tried the code being used in this thread and still I dont receive any emails. The email I want to use is the same as the domain the website is on not Gmail.

Magento Community
Magento Community

wiandt

Hi All,

I ahve the same problem with mailing…
My store is working in Hungary and the problem is that don’t get any e-mail from the store.
For instance if I chose and buy a product… don’t get any e-mail.
Additional to these there are no errormessages at all! Quite strange. Hungarian forum is less experianced than You guys!
Any reply would be apprechiated… or something like that. =D

BR
L

Magento Community
Magento Community

nirajlama

Total Posts:  8

I have tried all the methods listed here to get the email function working, but nothing works. I have lost half my hair over this. I am sure there is a way to make it work on xammp/localhost?

Magento Community
Magento Community

test0

Total Posts:  41

Hi there! Any update? I have the same problem

Magento Community
Magento Community

itsbit-sora

Total Posts:  2

i am having same problem.

i check sendmail log files and found that emails sent out by magento is using apache@[hostname] however this email address does not exist. I wonder why it’s not using the contact address setup in the backend.

any idea?

Magento Community
Magento Community

anil p

Total Posts:  3

Hi Brikou Carré !

You have some errors in your code please correct this or use this one ,Thanks !

public function send($email$name=null, array $variables = array())
{
    $config 
= array('ssl' => 'tls''port' => 587'auth' => 'login''username' => 'supportntest@gmail.com''password' => 'vivacityinfotech');

$transport = new Zend_Mail_Transport_Smtp('smtp.gmail.com'$config);

$mail = new Zend_Mail();
    if (
strtolower($this->getType()) == 'html'){
        $mail
->setBodyHtml($this->getBody());

}

else {
        $mail
->setBodyText($this->getBody());

}

$mail
->setFrom($this->getFromEmail(), $this->getFromName())
        ->
addTo($this->getToEmail(), $this->getToName())
        ->
setSubject($this->getSubject());

$mail->send($transport);

return 
$this;
}

Magento Community
Magento Community

Fooligan

Total Posts:  15

First of all a big THANX @Miro a.k.a. SecretR! I finally got the mail working again after upgrading to 1.4.2.0. using his post. (I worked fine before the upgrade without using the SMTP method)

I’m passing the mail through my own (Postfix - Courier-Imap - Amavis with Spamassassin and proper SPF-records etc.) server now. And all mail gets delivered.

To take this thread a bit further, can anybody enlighten me why there’s no copy of the mail in the “Sent Items” box? If have no experience with email “Magento Style” and have no clue how the mail gets transported to my mail server right now. But it seems to me this should end up in my “Sent Items” just like when I use a webmail (Roundcube / Squirrelmail) program?

Magento Community
Magento Community

darwinairola

Total Posts:  2

I just installed ASchroder’s SMTP Pro Email extension. It is free and totally easy to install and configure, and it works with gmail. You can find it here: http://www.magentocommerce.com/magento-connect/ASchroder/extension/1865/aschroder.com-smtp-pro

Shalom,
Darwin Airola
CTO
Sage Bay

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community