Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

How can you move the shopping cart down? 

Zimmer

Total Posts:  18

Hey. The question speaks for itself, and I know I must be really stupid not to see the really easy option to this… but I can’t figure out how to move the shopping cart and COMPARE PRODUCTS down.

I have an extra navigation layer on page.xml and catalog.xml
This is the code I have added to both

<reference name="right">
        <
block type="catalog/navigation" name="catalog.vertnav" template="catalog/navigation/vert_nav.phtml" />
    </
reference>

This nav bar always shows below the shopping cart and compare products block… the problem is, neither of them are defined in page.xml and catalog.xml. I know they are defined in checkout.xml, but how can that help me move them down? Seeing as the overall layout is not defined in this .xml file.

Do I have to remove the new block from page.xml and catalog.xml and just add it to checkout.xml? I guess that would help my problem, but is there no other solution? I find it very weird that such a block has it’s own xml file; because those 2 blocks are important to the overall design.

I want the right hand side to look like :
vert_nav.phtml
shopping cart
layered navigation.

Yet I always end up with shopping cart on top of everything. Any solutions?

Thanks a ton.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Zimmer

Total Posts:  18

Nevermind. I went the long way and created a completely new block and added in my 2columns-right.phtml, just above
<?php echo $this->getChildHtml('right') ?>

I added
<?php echo $this->getChildHtml('rightMenu') ?>

And defined a new block for the navigation. I guess there was no easier way to do it…

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community