Magento Forum

CSS Overrides

[db] DigitalBlueprint

Total Posts:  37
Eastbourne, UK

Hi,

Is it possible to override the css as it is with the default theme? It looks like it should be possible by changing the design config to use “littlebedroom” as the skin for example, but for some reason, none of the folder structures that I have tried so far seems to have an effect.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

[db] DigitalBlueprint

Total Posts:  37
Eastbourne, UK

Hi Ohminu,

The method 2 that you describe is what I had tried without success, Magento just didn’t seem to switch over to the new folder. I have worked around it now by backing up the original default folder and just modifying what is in there - I was hoping to avoid doing this as I know it’s going to come back and bite me when I do an upgrade!

Did you get your method 2 to work correctly when you tried it? I may have another go if it’s definitely supposed to work right now.

Ideally, what I wanted was to create a new folder as per method 2, but only copy over the files that I wished to modify, then having Magento fall back to the css/images/etc in the default folder when the requested files did not exist in the littlebedroom folder. Essentially the same way that the theme fallback works.

Thanks for your response.

Magento Community
Magento Community

mrgad

Total Posts:  60

EDIT: solved; realized boxes.css contains the info I needed to edit.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community