Magento Forum

Page 1 of 3
Catalog Price Rule - changes to “As low as:” after 24 hours

kyeranr

Total Posts:  18
Edinburgh, Scotland

Magento ver. 1.0.19870.1

HI,

I’m experiencing some very odd behavior from the Catalog Price Rules…

We want to have a very simple opening sale of 10% off so i set up a catalog price rule to this affect.
It all seemed to work perfectly, all of the products had a nice little ‘Special Price’ tag on and the regular price was crossed out (see attached image), Perfect…

And then about 24 hours later we noticed that it had all changed :S
The ‘Special Price’ text had changed to ‘As Low as’ and the regular price was no longer crossed out (see attached image), also when the product is purchased the price is set to the regular NON-sale price…

Very odd… i thought that i’d changed something absentmindedly myself, so i applied the rule again, checked all was ok and left it at that…
Then again 24 hours later it happened again… and this time we definitely hadn’t changed anything else.

I’ve tried a couple of things to test this issue out, I tried setting the rule with a ‘To Date’ and without and have also played with the conditions setting it to run without any conditions at all and also with with the condition ‘Status is set Enabled’
but alas, 24 hours later the same thing happens again…

I’ve attached an image with the Catalog price rules I’m using, it’s the only price rule in the system, i made sure all others were removed so that there were no conflicts or interference from other rules etc.

If you wan to take a look at the website it’s http://www.lunarrastar.com at the moment i’m having to re-apply the pricing rule each morning.

Am i being dumb here and missing something obvious? or have i found a bug?
It’s a difficult one to test as i have to wait for ages to see if it happens again.

Anyone got any thoughts on this?

Image Attachments
lunarrastar.com-alice-special_price.jpglunarrastar.com-alice-as_low_as.jpglunmarrastar.com-opening-catalog_pricing_rules.jpg

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

liotropi

Total Posts:  182
Athens, Greece

Hi,kyeranr
Nice shop

I don’t know if this will help but here is my experience with “special price”

a) I noticed that some items were not displaying the special price.
I checked it out & noticed that there was a bug changing the dates.

Example: set dates 01/15/08 to 01/15/09 & saved
When I open it up again the dates were set to 11/30/99 & 11/30/99

b) same problem - special prices not displayed
tried various methods & finally solved it by changing default store view to my one shop.

I noticed that layered navigation & price attribute is not working properly on your site.
Same thing is happening on mine.

Alice in Wonderland - 6 items
Price

1. € 10.00 - € 20.00 (4)
2. € 20.00 - € 30.00 (4)

There are some problems with “prices” being discussed on the forum.
Do a search for catalogindex_price.

Magento Community
Magento Community

kyeranr

Total Posts:  18
Edinburgh, Scotland

Thanks for the tips liotropi

I’m pretty sure http://www.lunarrastar.com was set as the default store but i had a second test one that i’ve now deleted.
I’ve also got a second site http://www.darkelegancedesigns.com but i cant remove that as we are currently developing it.
I’ve also re-applied the Catalog Price Rule and refreshed the cache…

I guess i now have to wait and see :S

as for the layered navigation & price attribute… thats very odd… i hadn’t noticed it because it seems to work under our default currency (GBP). cheers for pointing it out, i’ll take a look catalogindex_price when i get a moment.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Colin Mattson

Total Posts:  14

Same problem here. As soon as the next day hits, sale prices are dead. They appear “as low as” in the product list, and customers are charged normal prices on both the individual product page and in their cart.

I don’t particularly want to re-apply all my catalog rules by hand at midnight every day, but so far that’s looking like the only solution if you don’t want to limit when customers can buy things at the correct price.

Update: Are you running 10.0.19870.2? I was, and having this problem. I just grabbed 10.0.19870.4 (currenly available from the download page) and it appears to be fixed in that version even though it’s not in the release notes. 10.0.19870.4 also has fixes for layered navigation.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Colin Mattson

Total Posts:  14

Scratch that—after more testing of .4, there’s another catalog price bug in its place. Some of your items will display the rule price properly, some of them will revert back to full price.

Magento Community
Magento Community

atlantide

Total Posts:  187
France

I have exactly the same problem… any idea ?

Magento Community
Magento Community

atlantide

France

is there any good news about Catalog price rule ? I have exactly the same problem.....

Magento Community
Magento Community

MediaVein

Total Posts:  7

We are also experiencing this issue, 24 hours period.

Running v1.1.0

Has anyone got a fix on this one?

Special Price changes to as low as.

Magento Community
Magento Community

breamy

Total Posts:  4

Same problem here.  Any ideas on how to fix this?

Running v1.1.0

Magento Community
Magento Community

chiaraweb
Guru

Total Posts:  721
Aviano ~ Italy

I have the problem that after 24 hours rules are not applied… but on 1.1.2 I did not have this type of problem (that I also had in 1.0 and 1.1.0)

Try to upgrade to latest!

Magento Community
Magento Community

bmanwithab

Total Posts:  5
Dallas, Texas

Hi all, I am new here, I just switched over from Joomla and Virtuemart.  I like Magento, but what I have a problem with is that every single problem me, or another has had so far, NO ONE has the answer to.  Some of you are trying, but you don’t know.  The team that built this stuff should probably be the ones answering these questions and they don’t seem to be around.  Most of the time it appears they themselves don’t have any idea whats wrong.  I have solved a few problems myself but I have to say that with this software being open source, somebody would have an idea of whats going on.  I have spent hours on this forum and Google trying to fix these problems.  WTF!  I know there are differences in everyones installs, but come on.  Microsoft does this too, they release something and then patch it every 2 days.  Why not just make something that works. 
Again, I have looked at a hundred posts on this site and maybe 2 of them have been solved, and usually by the person installing it, because they forgot something. 
This thread is clearly a programming issue and NO ONE knows whats going on. 
Nothing against anyone trying to help, thats what this is here for, but maybe the programmers need to get in on the action.  If your going to make it open source, you had better be ready to answer a few questions. 
I know i am whining but I am just tired of not getting any answers...sorry.

Magento Community
Magento Community

atlantide

France

Dear bmanwithab,

I understand your point of view because as for you, I do not get answers each time I ask for something. And most of time, I finally find the solution by myself.

But Magento is a young software, younger than Joomla and Virtuemart that have been developped for years now. Nothing is perfect, but Magento is much more complex and powerful than other cart software. So for myself I keep in mind that there will still be some issue with a few functions, but you can generall find a solution (even if this is not the best solution that could be). Most of time, issues that you get with Magento are resolved in the following release. Not each time in the next release, but it is not too long. Even if they don’t always come in the forum, you can send a bug report… and that works.

If you want a 100% non-bug platform you can still use Joomla and Virtuemart for a year, and come back to use a later Magento version… but for myself I choosed to use it now.

Magento Community
Magento Community

bmanwithab

Total Posts:  5
Dallas, Texas

Like I said, I like Magento, yes I know its young, but these are not little script kiddies working on this either.  It is just extremely frustrating to do all that work to switch this stuff over, and find out, that your options are again limited.
As for Joomla and Vmart....they can’t touch the abilities of Magento.  I just wish they would make this a little more user friendly.  Maybe take some of the lessons learned from Joomla and implement those here instead of trying to rewrite the whole thing.  “From the ground up” is not always the correct path, if something is working, why not just make it better. 

I will use Magento, and if it ever goes commercial, I will most likely buy it.  But for now, I guess its just a waiting game for the next release to HOPEFULLY fix some of these little problems, like the one in this thread, which by the way, is still not fixed with the 1.1.2 version.  I was lucky enough to start with this version. 

atlantide...since your on here, where do i find the file to change how many products are in a row in the catalog, instead of 3.  I have searched and keep coming back to some other bug that is no where near what i searched for.  Thanks.

Magento Community
Magento Community

breamy

I still haven’t been able to figure out how to get this working.  I’m running 1.1.4 (most current version I believe), and whenever I put in a catalog price rule, it works until the next day, when it stops displaying the “special price” and starts displaying “as low as” and charging customers the regular price.

Anyone have any suggestions?
Thanks

Magento Community
Magento Community

breamy

I figured out my issue with this:

http://www.magentocommerce.com/wiki/how_to/how_to_setup_a_cron_job
> A few features in Magento require a script to be run periodically. These features include, but are not limited to:
* Catalog Price rules . . .

I setup the cron, and the catalog price rules last more than 1 day!

Magento Community
Magento Community

alex.bsc
Guru

Total Posts:  340

Same problem on http://www.meanmachines.biz

Running a cron job is a patch of a solution. Varien please resolve this..
thanks.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Page 1 of 3