Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Magento causing IE to execute 5,000,000 Queries upon accessing Attribute Page

Xionicfire

Total Posts:  38

when opening a large Attribute properties page (500 attributes in 3 different languages, 1500 total)

It takes around 10 seconds then THIS error shows up:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/175500

if i press “Keep Going” another popup will show up again in 10 more seconds

If i press “Keep Going” again at this point 4-5 seconds more and the web browser will load the entire properties page perfectly (and its understandable that it takes that long considering the amount of data to parse)

what could be causing magento to do 5 million queries or parsings or w/e when opening that attribute? and is there any way to fix that.

Aside from that popup if i wait enough it works fine, and all other pages work fine.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

alistek

Total Posts:  293
Normal, IL

On a lookup that size, Magento is doing a huge amount of processing work to get that to show.  Since it uses the EAV database table design it just takes a while for it to process through all of that, especially with 1500 entries to return.  That error is just an IE protection against runaway scripts, usually javascript that is badly written, and as long as the page displays it is working fine.  Have you tried this in Firefox, it will probably take the same amount of time but you won’t have to click all the boxes.

-Adam

Magento Community
Magento Community

Xionicfire

Total Posts:  38

i dont really like firefox rasberry not because its not better or anything just because every time ive used it i make stuff look just like i like it only to find im the only one looking at the stuff like it should, everyone else uses explorer and gets a whole different page, so i gave up and just use explorer instead.

Well aside the anoying clicking the thing works fine i dont see any potential problems with it. just thought it might be a good idea to let you guys know that there might be something wierd on that part of the code

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community