Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

SOLVED: Categories are not displayed in the top menu

Seagull Gifts

Total Posts:  9

Hi,

I am new at Magento but I really think that something is not working properly. After I have created categories and products contained in them, I still cannot get the categories displayed in the top menu. I can only access the products using the search bar…

I have activated the categories of course. I also have checked in the database where everythin is fine.

After a quick investigation, it seems that the getStoreCategories() function does not return any category.

I found some old topics dealing with this problem but it seemed the bug has been fixed.

I am using PHP 5.2.4 and I have the same problem using PHP 5.2.5.

Using the downloadable sample data, I do not experience any problem...

Does someone have any idea?

Thanks,

Philippe

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Seagull Gifts

Total Posts:  9

I found “my” mistake, when creating new categories using a single store, it is required to make them sub-categories of the one called “Default category” which seems to be a sub-category of the “Root Catalog” .

This could be mentioned in the documentation to get started.

Cheers,

Philippe

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community