Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Page 1 of 2
Subscription module?

mittymoo

Total Posts:  8

I was wondering if there is a way for customers to have an option to automatically bill their credit cards for renewals.

JJ

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

norbolig
Guru

Total Posts:  328

I know from a webshop I once operated that www.worldpay.com offer recurring payment services through their FuturePay feature.

Using this, you can set up subscriptions, or payment by instalments, or more complex arrangements - enabling you to claim payments at regular or irregular intervals, and for fixed or variable amounts. FuturePay enables you to set up arrangements that are even more flexible than direct debit agreements, including taking a payment before the scheduled payments start.

Hopefully this can help you along. You can read more about it here:

http://www.worldpay.com/support/kb/mergedProjects/recurringpayments/rpfp1000.html

As per today, I don’t believe there is a WorldPay extension for Magento, but many in this forum has indicated interest for this.

Magento Community
Magento Community

extremec

Total Posts:  9

For those that use Amember, they have just come out with a Magento plugin in their latest release.

http://www.amember.com/forum/showthread.php?p=27305#post27305

Magento Community
Magento Community

adimagento
Guru

Total Posts:  626
Los Angeles, CA

Also, WorldPay is now available through Magento Connect here:

http://www.magentocommerce.com/extension/302/worldpay-extension

Magento Community
Magento Community

sdb

Total Posts:  223
coastal California, USA

that amember thing is pretty cool looking, good to know it has a magento plugin. i dont have a need for subscribers right now, but when i do ill give it a look.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Christian_Norway

Total Posts:  135

I’m looking for a front-end and back-end integration of a subscription option for products. However it would be great if it was open-source and possible to translate into customized languages.

Magento Community
Magento Community

kdeelstra

Total Posts:  14

anyone experience with the amember plugin?
http://www.amember.com/forum/showthread.php?p=27305#post27305

Magento Community
Magento Community

horhei

Total Posts:  9
San Diego

the implementation of aMember into magento seems unclear, has anyone gotten this to work?

Magento Community
Magento Community

kdeelstra

Total Posts:  14

I found this on the amember forum: http://www.amember.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8666&highlight;=magentocommerce
Seems you only can use amember to get subcriptions and not magento as main subscription shop. (I think did was ment when said: ‘(aMember Pro ----> Magento, but
never Magento ----> aMember Pro)’)

please let me know if you have worked something out an dpost example urls here so we can examine it?

Magento Community
Magento Community

skippybosco
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  796

Yes we have worked out Magento -> aMember so that you can associate aMember products to Magento products. At the point the user is created and payment completed in Magento, these details are passed into aMember. When a user logs in, their log in is passed to aMember for single sign on support.

Since Magento does not support recurring billing, however, that is still an issue. While you can set the membership to expire at ‘x’ date, rebilling is not automatic at this time but is a high priority. Currently this is handled via first time “expiration notices” that leads them to establish a recurring subscription via aMember. Obviously would be ideal to have it happen at initial sign up.

The integration was built as a means to utilize existing plugin and single sign on support in aMember (vBulletin, eFront, etc), but using Magento as the storefront itself.

Magento Community
Magento Community

tagger

Total Posts:  13

I have a similar “Subscription” application where my client wants to sell access to his financial futures charts. The customer would pay their money for 30 day access to the downloadable product. As long as the customers’ account is “paid up”, they can download the regularly-updated (5 times a week) chart up to ‘x’ times. There is no need for auto-renewal as long as I can put a 30-day time limit on the downloads. If they try logging in after 30-days, they need to pay the fee again.

Does anybody have any thoughts about how to accomplish a download expiration period? Skippybosco, could you weigh-in on this?

THANKS!

Magento Community
Magento Community

skippybosco
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  796

Is it a requirement to have the 30-day limit AND the up to ‘x’ times or is it simpler to say that they can download it as much as they want during the 30 day window?

Magento Community
Magento Community

tagger

skippybosco - 29 April 2009 02:36 PM

Is it a requirement to have the 30-day limit AND the up to ‘x’ times or is it simpler to say that they can download it as much as they want during the 30 day window?

Thank-you Skippybosco for responding. You are correct to say that they can download the file as much as they want during the 30 days. Keep in mind that the downloadable file is changed 5 times a week. Also, in terms of maintenance for the semi-non-savvy owner, it might be best to keep the file name the same so there is never more than the one file available for downloading.

Magento Community
Magento Community

tagger

Any more thoughts on the 30-day expiration? Thanks!

Magento Community
Magento Community

fertilepress

Total Posts:  1

skippybosco - 07 April 2009 10:47 PM

Yes we have worked out Magento -> aMember so that you can associate aMember products to Magento products. At the point the user is created and payment completed in Magento, these details are passed into aMember. When a user logs in, their log in is passed to aMember for single sign on support.

Since Magento does not support recurring billing, however, that is still an issue. While you can set the membership to expire at ‘x’ date, rebilling is not automatic at this time but is a high priority. Currently this is handled via first time “expiration notices” that leads them to establish a recurring subscription via aMember. Obviously would be ideal to have it happen at initial sign up.

The integration was built as a means to utilize existing plugin and single sign on support in aMember (vBulletin, eFront, etc), but using Magento as the storefront itself.

What you have done sounds perfect for me. I don’t need a recurring subscription function, just single sign on support. My ideal process would allow a customer to pay before having to signup or login. After they’ve paid, I’d like them to be given the option to signup or login if already a member.

Thanks!

renee

Magento Community
Magento Community

snuttemjuk

Total Posts:  1
Nacka, Stockholm, SWEDEN

Hi,

I’m looking for a similar solution where users can subscribe to multitple products. It’s going to be a subscription service where you can choose from a few base packages that should handle recurring payments

A few features:
- Ability to add or remove products from the selected subscription
- Ability to upgrade or downgrade the whole subscription
- Ability to select frequency or pause the subscription
- Ability to add products that will be only charged for once, but indicate single purchase to be delivered only once.
- A scheduler to see when other users have deliveries to select your own delivery slot

Perhaps this is a job for a skilled freelance programmer but if there are one or more modules that can be downloaded or purchased I’d be very interested to know.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Page 1 of 2