Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

How do I: Change a typo on the “Attribute Identifier” field

Xionicfire

Total Posts:  38

So we messed up on an attribute identifier value.

its set to “mtgsat” when it should be set to “mtgset” atm we want to use the “mtgsat” identifier for something else and we just need to change “mtgsat” to “mtgset” so we can create “mtgsat” as something else

problem is we cant just remake the attribute, we already included around 450 selections in the atribute label/options in multiple languages....

sooo what do we do now, the program is not letting us change it and its very important that we change it, just “leaving it like that” wont do, what can we do?

Anyone have any ideas?

we have thought of messing with the MySQL database itself but magento seems one of those insanely complicated scripts where a field is called in like 4325152354 functions, and manually changing something might result in everything exploding beyond repair so we dont want to mess with it unless were told to.

Any help is greatly apreciated

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Unirgy
Guru

Total Posts:  478

Backup your db, disable all Magento cache, run this:

update eav_attribute set attribute_code='mtgset' where attribute_code='mtgsat';
See if that helps smile

Magento Community
Magento Community

Xionicfire

hmm ill try it in a sec, but that brings me to another point, if its that simple why didnt they just allow it right off the bat on the edit page? its wierd ill test that idea

Magento Community
Magento Community

Xionicfire

No luck :/ i get white screens when browsing anything related to that attribute

Magento Community
Magento Community

Unirgy
Guru

Total Posts:  478

That’s weird, just tested myself, works like a charm, sure all cache is disabled?

Magento Community
Magento Community

Xionicfire

Ill delete the cache and try again

Magento Community
Magento Community

Xionicfire

that might have been it, its working now

Would there be any repercussions of doing this? it seems to be working fine so far

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community