I have been trying to resolve this issue all week and between Paypal’s help (or lack thereof) I still am unable to figure this out. I am asking Magento’s team for assistance on this please!!
1) Tested using Paypal Sandbox over a week ago for 4 days - all went well
2) Attempted to go live, tested with live account information - got error: “Invalid Merchant Configuration”
3) Returned to test mode after several attempts and am now getting this error: “Authentication/Authorization Failed: Username/Password is incorrect”
4) Unable to agree to Billing Agreement in Sandbox account (kept getting 404 Error) - Paypal is saying their Sandbox is not working and they now have a “beta” version of their Sandbox (URL: https://beta-developer.paypal.com/)
5) Set up new account (old account will not work with this “beta” service), still getting Authentication error
6) Searched some more and now Paypal’s Developer Forum is saying : the “Endpoint” maybe incorrect ( http://www.pdncommunity.com/pdn/board/message?board.id=wppro&thread;.id=6464 )
What is this Endpoint and where do I find it? I am not a coder and would need assistance with this.
Can someone from the Magento team take a look at this problem. I still haven’t found a solution to this error but I have been getting assistance from a Paypal Developer who in his last post had this to say:
This line: if (!$this->getData(’api_endpoint’)) appears to be checking for an existing endpoint, and if not, it sets it. Are you sure that function is not returning true? If it is, it skips over your code to set the endpoint. You might try short-circuiting this test altogether and just forcing it to the beta-sandbox just to see what’s going on. Or, even better, if you have a debugger that allows you to step through your code, you can see if the $default is being set correctly.