Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

how to add magento to dreamweaver created pages

momt5

Total Posts:  3

I’m completely new at setting up websites.  I created my pages in Dreamweaver.  Is it possible to add Magento to my already created pages or do I have to use theirs and start over?
Thanks

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

sherrie

Total Posts:  1655
Waterloo, ON

momt5 - 21 June 2008 12:05 PM

I’m completely new at setting up websites.  I created my pages in Dreamweaver.  Is it possible to add Magento to my already created pages or do I have to use theirs and start over?
Thanks

Magento uses PHP and phtml so you will need to edit your code to wrap around the Magento system.

Magento Community
Magento Community

momt5

Total Posts:  3

Thanks for responding Sherrie,
So is it possible to include php,phmtl code within my javascript..  I’ve been getting some confusing answers in my research.  I’m new to all of the above and wasn’t sure if both types of code can be combined within one html page.  If so, I’ll continue trying to work it out with Magento.  Otherwise, I’m considering purchasing an ecommerce addon extension software for Dreaweaver.  I would rather not spend the money if I don’t have to.

Magento Community
Magento Community

sherrie

Total Posts:  1655
Waterloo, ON

You would include the php within your html and make them phtml files instead.  You wouldn’t put php, html, or phtml inside of a javascript file.

Have you looked at the Designer’s Guide or the screencasts on creating a theme?

Magento Community
Magento Community

TomC

Total Posts:  191

This is an EXCELLENT topic / question . . . and subject for a Magento Tutorial. 

cheese

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community