Magento Forum

Membership site—recurring billing

Rick W

Total Posts:  12

I was wondering if anyone uses or could use Magento to run a membership site where people order a product/service and are automatically billed on a monthly basis.  Are there any examples of this and how is it done?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

norbolig
Guru

Total Posts:  328

I know from a webshop I once operated that www.worldpay.com offer recurring payment services through their FuturePay feature.

Using this, you can set up subscriptions, or payment by instalments, or more complex arrangements - enabling you to claim payments at regular or irregular intervals, and for fixed or variable amounts. FuturePay enables you to set up arrangements that are even more flexible than direct debit agreements, including taking a payment before the scheduled payments start.

Hopefully this can help you along. You can read more about it here:

http://www.worldpay.com/support/kb/mergedProjects/recurringpayments/rpfp1000.html

As per today, I don’t believe there is a WorldPay extension for Magento, but many in this forum has indicated interest for this.

Magento Community
Magento Community

adimagento
Administrator

Total Posts:  626
Los Angeles, CA

@RickW, recurring billing is not available with the latest release of Magento. It is on the roadmap and may be available in future releases.

norbolig’s suggestion sounds like a very good one. There are new payment modules developed by the community through Magento Connect every day. This could be available in the near future as well, given the demand for this particular extension.

Magento Community
Magento Community

tracyselena

Total Posts:  6

hi...i would be interested in this option...but here are a couple more ideas to add which others may find useful,

i would like customers to be able to pick which products are shipped (based on a subsription) ...on a regular basis (say monthly)

i would also like this to be just a club subscription where the product shipped is decided by the store admin...so the customer only pays montly and they get a different product each interval…

ie: would be a wineclub...where client pays a montly fee and every month they are shipped a different wine to try.

thanks and looking forward to this option being added.

tracy

Magento Community
Magento Community

horhei

Total Posts:  9
San Diego

tracyselena - 25 September 2008 10:56 AM

hi...i would be interested in this option...but here are a couple more ideas to add which others may find useful,

i would like customers to be able to pick which products are shipped (based on a subsription) ...on a regular basis (say monthly)

i would also like this to be just a club subscription where the product shipped is decided by the store admin...so the customer only pays montly and they get a different product each interval…

ie: would be a wineclub...where client pays a montly fee and every month they are shipped a different wine to try.

thanks and looking forward to this option being added.

tracy

I am in need of something similar, if anyone has been able to create this functionality. Soem tips on how to accomplish this would be most appreciated

thanks,

jorge

Magento Community
Magento Community

jerwood

Total Posts:  42

Did anybody get answers on this?

Did any of you try the options mentioned above?

Thanks!

Jer

Magento Community
Magento Community

harikaram

Total Posts:  54

I’ve modified Phoenix’s Worldpay module to work with FuturePay.  If people are interested let me know…

I use it here:  http://www.be-the-woman.com/join-now/join-be-the-woman-course-and-online-community.html

Magento Community
Magento Community

jerwood

Total Posts:  42

I’m interested.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Oneride21

Total Posts:  13

I’ve found a company that has built a pretty neat recurring billing manager as an add-in module for magento. We use it on http://lcslifecoach.com and it works for us. If anyone is interested, you can see some info on it at http://store.skywireusa.com/skywire-recurring-module-for-magento.html

Magento Community
Magento Community

harikaram

Total Posts:  54

Ok here’s the mod to the Phoenix Worldpay module that supports Futurepay.  It worked perfectly fine for months on my setup (http://www.be-the-woman.com) but is entirely untested otherwise… I use guest checkout but I’m pretty sure it will work fine otherwise

Features:
* Supports FuturePay recurring billing with all Futurepay options definable per-product
* Direct checkout on Futurepay products (skips cart).  Currently enforced, ie no option to use cart for Futurepay product
* Logs futurepay transaction result and id number in Magento Sales backend
* Additional feature added to WorldPay payment module to allow custom return URL on errors.

A few things to know first:

- It’s based on Phoenix’s 0.9beta version not there latest 1.0 release.  If anyone could update the module I’d be greately appreciative…
- It’s entirely unsupported by Phoenix.  I offered it to them but they weren’t interested.  If anyone else wishes to release it as an additional open source module then please contact me…
- Its doesn’t yet update the clients records for payments past the initial one
- Not sure how it works with multiple payment options…
- There’s no installer yet and I’m not certain how the instructions below will be affected by Phoenix’s 1.0 upgrade…

How to install:
- Install Phoenix worldpay module.  Setup Magento to use this payment method.
- Remove all the files in the app/code/communtiy/Phoenix, etc.. path and replace with the attached files. 
- Clear the Magento cache and load a page.  Edit Product in the backend should now show a FuturePay tab…

File Attachments
FuturePay for Magento.zip  (File Size: 31KB - Downloads: 513)

Magento Community
Magento Community

sonician

Total Posts:  49

We use it on http://lcslifecoach.com and it works for us.

Hi OneRide21,

My compliments to what seems to me to be a thoroughly thought-through product/service portfolio.

Regarding the “recurring pricing module”, I see you have a 19$ on-line subscription, and I assume you use the module to incur this product of yours, BUT I don’t see anywhere on the pages a product that incurs an on-line subscription where you see it’s a per week/month/year subscription that is added to the cart. Is that because you don’t have that kind of a service, that you haven’t got that far with the script yet, or that it does not work setting it up that way and that it doesn’t then include a “per month” or similar type of text after your price in the shopping cart?

Cheers,

Henrik

Magento Community
Magento Community

khalidshin

Total Posts:  2

Hey All,

Any one use paid user membership on login page. if yes then please help me.... blank stare

Magento Community
Magento Community

ddalton

Total Posts:  12

Does anyone have a reoccurring billing module (paid or free) that supports grouped products now? (aheadworks does not)

Magento Community
Magento Community

Total Posts:  1

i do have the same issue, it would be great if there were any solutions next to aheadworks. thanks!

Magento Community
Magento Community

Plumrocket

Total Posts:  18
New York, USA

I can recommend our private sale solution. Fully working script with private sale module, invitations, store management, rewards module, email subscriptions, site-access permissions, membership and more. We also have online demo. Here is our product page: http://www.plumrocket.com/solutions/how-to-create-a-membership-website/

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community