Magento Forum

Publish date and automation

Johan

Total Posts:  104
Sweden

A lot of store have seasonal products.

Instead of adding them and enabling/disabling them manually every season (if you hide them) or when you are about to roll out a new product line you have to enable all products manually.

I strongly believe in automation.

A publish date feature would be able to set when the category or product should be available. This way you can enter 100 products before hand and publish them on a later date automatically.

The same way would work to unpublish them.

I think this would be a great feature and very helpful for those who are doing stuff ahead of time.

And more automation would help the store display products. You can do random featured products per category. Or automatically related products as “We recommend” feature, based on what category and settings have been made by the user. I have this feature on my current store and all my orders value have DOUBLED.

Same principle would work for promotions, CMS pages etc.

Automation baby!

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

jorries

Total Posts:  56

Great Ideas!

Magento Community
Magento Community

mancourt

Total Posts:  34

Does anyone know if there are any solutions for this besides Enterprise Edition ?

Magento Community
Magento Community

ScommerceMage

Total Posts:  90
United Kingdom

Hi Guys

The below module support this feature

http://www.scommerce-mage.co.uk/magento-extensions/magento-automated-product-publish-date.html

This module allows you to set when the products should be available on your site for your customers. This way you can create new products before hand and publish them on the given date automatically.

Here are the main features of this module-:

- It allows you to set future start date of your products so that products will appear on the website only on the given date
- It allows you to set future end date of your products so that products will taken out from your website on the given date
- It allows you to bulk update the products with future start and end date which automatically publish or taken products out respectively from your website without manual intervention
- This module helps site owners with seasonal products as they can set the start and end date in advance
- This module can be completely disabled whenever required via system configuration in admin

Kind Regards
Scommerce Mage

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community