Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Performance

rabol

Total Posts:  4
Gatten,Farsø

Hi,

I know that Magent is an advanced application, but it’s EXTREMELY slow.

I’m evaluating shop systems for 3 new shops and I like Magent, but the fact that Magent is ‘difficult’ to get started and is somewhat unstable and extremely slow worries me.

I takes 5-10 seconds to save a new product ( if it works, many times I get an error: Header already sent...)

Test HW is: Laptop with 7200rpm HD, 2GHz Core duo with 2GB memory.

At this point, I don’t dare using Magent in a production environment.

Are there any plans to do performance optimization?

Br
Steen

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

srinigenie
Guru

Total Posts:  539

performance improvements are just round the corner ... version 1.1 (slated for end of June/early July) appears to have around 40% improvement in performance ..

Magento Community
Magento Community

itwebexperts

Total Posts:  7
Arizona, USA

*mouth foaming* 40% speed improvement? I can’t wait, that will push Magento from being almost too slow to use on shared hosting to just about adequate. Only a small percentage of my clients can afford the $100/month semi-dedicated hosting costs that Magento currently takes.

I have been testing Crucial Web Hosting though and I’m impressed that they have the current generation of Magento running adequately on their shared hosting services (though they are $25/month compared to most $10/month or so web hosts).

Magento Community
Magento Community

OpenCommerce

Total Posts:  84
Cincinnati, OH

I don’t know if you are still looking for a solution for your speed issues and massive amount of resources you need for a low traffic site, but we developed Zumiez.com on community edition Magento and we had to address this same issue. Zumiez.com is one the highest traffic Magento sites. They needed a massive amount of servers and resources. With our LightSpeed module that we developed for this site we were able to reduce their servers by half. It also reduces page response time to as low as 230 milliseconds and also allows page caching to session specific users. You can purchase this same module at our store.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Mirasvit
Guru

Total Posts:  639

Hi, You can increase backend performance using asynchronous reindex extension. Check this one Fast Asynchronous Re-indexing http://mirasvit.com/magento-extensions/magento-asynchronous-reindex.html

Magento Community
Magento Community

goivvy
Guru

Total Posts:  322
Moscow, Russia

Hi,

we are using

- Varnish / php-fpm / nginx
- Apc / memcached
- Full page cache
- Defer Javascript loading

to optimize our clients shops. Please see this write up on magento optimization.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community