Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

I just upgrade to Magento v1.0.19870.4, and now image uploads don’t work

jbeall

Total Posts:  33
West Virginia

Hi All,

I just upgrade to Magento v1.0.19870.4 via Magento Connect, and all appeared to work fine—however, I can no longer upload images!  I hit “Browse Files” on the images tab, select the image I want to upload, hit “Upload Files”, and it gives me a success message, however, the image never appears in the images list, so I can’t specify it.

Before this upgrade, image uploading worked fine.  I’ve never experienced this problem before.

Any suggestions?

-Josh

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

jbeall

West Virginia

I figured it out—somehow file ownership got reset and now the webserver couldn’t write to the directories it needed to.

I’d suggest displaying an error of some kind when uploads fail due to permissions errors, e.g., “error uploading file—write permission denied.”

-Josh

Magento Community
Magento Community

FlappySocks

Total Posts:  31

Which directories is the webserver trying to write too?  I have all files and directories in the magento directory set to apache ownership.

Magento Community
Magento Community

jbeall

West Virginia

You know, I don’t actually know which directories it is touching.  I just know that once I executed “chown -R nobody:nobody *”, everything worked fine.

Apache runs as “nobody” under my setup.

-Josh

Magento Community
Magento Community

FlappySocks

Total Posts:  31

Thanks.  Seems there are various reasons for this problem.  Since there is no error message, it’s hard to know where to look.  There are a few threads on this issue, going back a two months. :(

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community