Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Is it possible to disable checkout? 

satguy

Total Posts:  3

Hi
just wondering if its possible to disable checkout and instead have the customer pick their products with the cart, fill in their contact and delivery details and press submit.

Then an email would be sent to the store owner specifying the chosen products and the buyer’s details.

The owner could then call back the buyer and arrange payment and delivery.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

itay

Total Posts:  30
Israel

I asked similar question here http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/10638/

Magento Community
Magento Community

adimagento
Guru

Total Posts:  626
Los Angeles, CA

I think that the easiest way to do this w/o modifying any code would be to disable all payment gateways and accept only check/money order.

In this case, no one pays upfront and you can contact them in order to get any information you would like prior to shipping or receiving payment.

Magento Community
Magento Community

itay

Total Posts:  30
Israel

Thanks Adi, but what is not the easiest way?

Magento Community
Magento Community

Ettiene

Total Posts:  2

Thanks Adi,

This is going to help me smile

Ettiene

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community