Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Configurable Products Nightmare

SmokingBuffalo

Total Posts:  1

I have a new client who is really excited about Magento. I was excited too.

Right up until I read about configurable products. The primary product for the store is a piece of apparel with two color attributes, both of which have over 50 color options. As I currently understand things, that means I need to create over 2500 skus, not counting sizes?

I need to implement this store *now*—Magento has been out since last year. I find it hard to believe that A) this is even a requirement and, B), that someone else hasn’t solved the problem. I must be missing something.

Please help!

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

adimagento
Guru

Total Posts:  626
Los Angeles, CA

This functionality will be greatly facilitated with the much anticipated bundles feature in the next release (1.1). With bundles you will only have to create one product for every color or size and then group it with a single product like a shirt.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community