Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Magento - Aloha POS integration?

Jim Miller

Total Posts:  12

I’m building a site for a wine bar / restaurant. In addition to the usual website stuff, they want an online store through which they will sell bottles of wine and other things; those things are also sold at the brick-and-mortar store.  They are planning to use the Aloha POS ("point of sale”, not “piece of ... “ : ) for the restaurant itself, and also expect to put the retail bottles of wine etc into that POS system for in-person sales, inventory management, etc.

I had planned to use Magento for their online store until this POS stuff came up.  Their POS vendor has pointed them to a third-party service that provides online ordering for the POS inventory, but it doesn’t have anywhere near the capabilities of Magento.  The tradeoffs are pretty clear: Magento is a much better e-commerce platform than this third-party thing, but, unless I can get one of them (probably Magento) to use the inventory database of the other (probably Aloha), the client is going to have two inventory databases to deal with, and all the pain that’s involved there.  This may be nasty enough that they might choose to punt on the Magento-based store and go with the third-party Aloha solution.  It’s way sub-optimal, but I can’t say I’d blame them.

So: Does anybody know of any ways to tie the two together, perhaps getting Magento to monitor the Aloha database for its inventory information?  I’ve known about Aloha for about 24 hours, so any advice/insight would be much appreciated.  Thanks!

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Brent W Peterson

Total Posts:  3217
Minneapolis MN

Jim, I am working on the same questions. Does Aloha use MySQL?

Our thoughts where to use the Magento Database for inventory managment, then poll the database with a job to update inventory quantities. Depending on how Aloha works, it should not be that difficult using SOAP or straight http/xml calls to a Magento custom controller.

Please update with what you come up with.

hey, I want to go to Hawaii now smile

Magento Community
Magento Community

Jim Miller

Total Posts:  12

Sorry for the long-delayed response, but, no, I never found anything close to what I was looking for.  Sorry…

Magento Community
Magento Community

bajanboost

Total Posts:  2

Any update on Aloha POS integration?

Magento Community
Magento Community

3Dmerchant

Total Posts:  6
FL

HI
I may be able to help you, with some qualifications.
The processing side is easy. The inventory item may or may not need some work. My requirements are minimum $1M in annual processing. Sorry, but the inventory and order processing are tied together and cannot be split. If this is an option for you, please contact me. I don\’t know anyone else offering the Aloha integration or I\’d post their names too.

Magento Community
Magento Community

sboeconnect

Total Posts:  27
India

Hi,

We are really excited to launch our newest product to the Magento Market place ‘MagentoSyncAPI’. This packaged product will help to integrate Magento e-commerce storefront with any third party application like ERP/CRM/Accounting Software, etc. which supports SOAP and have a two way data communication.

Problem:- We all know that Magento provides a set of default Web Services APIs to exchange data with any third party application. But the fact is that for many e-commerce entities you will not get any defined APIs to support. For example:-

i.  Fetch Tax Class and Tax Codes from Magento
ii.  Get Parent and Child Shipping Methods List
iii.  Get Website List
iv.  Get Payment Methods of Magento
v.  Add/Update Configurable Products in Magento and many more…

Solution:- MagentoSyncAPI- On top of the default Magento Web Services APIs, you will get a set of 25 APIs which will serve all your needs to develop and establish a connection with any third party application.

Benefits:- You often come across many customers who have had a clear requirement of sync Magento Data with any back end software solution and you often need to do custom development on this which not only increases your resource involvement, but also the overall project cost.

So ‘MagentoSyncAPI’ will provide you all support on the Magento end to through and receive data from any third party software package at a most affordable price. This will definitely decrease the overall delivery time of your Integration Project and increase the customer satisfaction.

File Attachments
MagentoSyncAPI-Brochure.pdf  (File Size: 476KB - Downloads: 329)

Magento Community
Magento Community

Magento Exchange

Total Posts:  33

Hi,
We are Glad to launch a General Framework for Magento store , which can integrate with any third party application .
We have developed a Framework which can be directly integrated with third party applications like Ebay, Amazon, Microsoft GP, Microsoft RMS, Microsoft POS, Virtu Mart, Oscommerce, X-cart, OpenCart, etc.

This Framework has below features built in.

1.  Magento to Third Party Customer Update
2.  Magento to Third Party Customer Address Update.
3.  Third Party to Magento Inventory Stock Update (Qty, Price, Cost)
4.  Magento to Third Party Order Update.
5.  Order Status Sync in both ways.
6.  Shipping Tracking Sync in both ways
We can customize and add more features accordingly with the above framework. We have successfully integrated many third Party Applications for our clients till date.

Please visit www.magentoexchange.com for any information /queries. We will be glad to answer any queries.

Magento Community
Magento Community

markoshust

Total Posts:  129
Cleveland, OH

With respect to the couple spam posts above, as far as I know the only way to connect to Aloha is with a special developers license from a third party (who I don’t want to plug here). It costs $25k+ and is only accessible to special partners. You need a cloud-based POS system or a POS with the capability to deploy communication with web services. PM me if you are interested in talking further.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Mudasar

Total Posts:  4

Hie Dear,

we have developed Application of MAGGP Connector and MAGRMS Connector. they working fine both products. it not i say its my clients say.we have ready for your solution. you can check trial version.

if you have any question drop the mail hummub@gmail.com. aa

Thanks & Best Regards

Mudasar Ch.
Business Manager
MediaTech ERP
Lahore

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community