Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

cancel coupon link not working…

nikkstocks

Total Posts:  47

hey all, im using version 1.0.9870.1 and just noticed my cancel coupon button doesnt work. According to the release notes this was fixed in 1.0.9700..... anyone have any ideas why this might be? dont know if it makes a difference, but im using the modern theme… :(

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

nikkstocks

actually its better than just “doesnt work”. If you click it, not only does it do nothing it also breaks the checkout for that user meaning they cant buy anything!! any ideas would be great right now as it means i cant safely advertise any “grand opening” discount vouchers :(

Magento Community
Magento Community

nikkstocks

Ok found the problem, it appears the maker of the modern theme got bored and make a hash of the coupon add/remove buttons. quickest fix is to:

Replace
../app/default/modern/template/checkout/cart/coupon.phtml

With

../app/default/default/template/checkout/cart/coupon.phtml

unfortunately this does give big ugly grey buttons and im not sure how to replace them with pictures. but at least it works now smile

lol, that a nice little public conversation i had with myself… off to bed!

Magento Community
Magento Community

smlaci

Total Posts:  122
Bacau

i have the same problem. doesn’t anyone have a resolution for this issue?

Magento Community
Magento Community

brock

Total Posts:  12
Columbus, OH

I found a fix. It worked for me and is working well...replace the code in ../app/default/modern/template/checkout/cart/coupon.phtml with this…

<?php
/**
* Magento
* NOTICE OF LICENSE
* This source file is subject to the Open Software License (OSL 3.0)
* that is bundled with this package in the file LICENSE.txt.
* It is also available through the world-wide-web at this URL:
* http://opensource.org/licenses/osl-3.0.php
* If you did not receive a copy of the license and are unable to
* obtain it through the world-wide-web, please send an email
* to so we can send you a copy immediately.
* @category design_default
* @package Mage
* @copyright Copyright (c) 2004-2007 Irubin Consulting Inc. DBA Varien (http://www.varien.com)
* @license http://opensource.org/licenses/osl-3.0.php Open Software License (OSL 3.0)
*/
?>
<div class="discount-codes box">
<form id="discount-coupon-form" action="<?php echo $this->getUrl('checkout/cart/couponPost') ?>” method="post">
<fieldset>
<h4><?php echo $this->__('Discount Codes') ?></h4>
<div style="margin-left:240px;">
<p><?php echo $this->__('Enter your coupon code if you have one.') ?></p>
<input type="hidden" name="remove" id="remove-coupone" value="0"/>
<?php if(!strlen($this->getCouponCode())): ?>
<div class="left" style="padding-bottom:5px;"><input class="input-text left” id="coupon_code" name="coupon_code" value="<?php echo $this->htmlEscape($this->getCouponCode()) ?>” /></div>
<div class="left"> <input type="image" name="do" src="<?php echo $this->getSkinUrl('images/btn_cart_apply.gif') ?>” alt="<?php echo $this->__('Apply Coupon') ?>"/></div>
<?php else: ?>
<div style="padding-bottom:5px;"><input class="input-text" id="coupon_code" name="coupon_code" value="<?php echo $this->htmlEscape($this->getCouponCode()) ?>” style="width:207px;" /></div>
<input type="image" name="do" src="<?php echo $this->getSkinUrl('images/btn_cart_apply.gif') ?>” alt="<?php echo $this->__('Apply Coupon') ?>"/> <a href="#" onclick="discountForm.submit(true)"><?php echo $this->__('Cancel Coupon') ?></a>
<?php endif;?>
</div>
<div class="clear"></div>
</fieldset>
</form>
<script type="text/javascript\">
var discountForm = new VarienForm(’discount-coupon-form’);
discountForm.submit = function (isRemove) {
if (isRemove) {
$(’coupon_code’).removeClassName(’required-entry’);
$(’remove-coupone’).value = “1”;
} else {