Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Page 1 of 3
Customer Image Upload Function - Possible? 

cfrancia

Total Posts:  2

Does any one know if it is possible to have a customer upload an image to Magento in the checkout process? This would be for a photo development website and such. Any thoughts?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

lazzymonk
Guru

Total Posts:  391
England

i may be wrong but i think something like this is planed for version 1.1 due early next month

Magento Community
Magento Community

adimagento
Guru

Total Posts:  626
Los Angeles, CA

lazymonk is correct. In the next release (1.1) there will be an option for customers to upload a file in the product page.

Magento Community
Magento Community

lazzymonk
Guru

Total Posts:  391
England

why cant someone say your wrong. i always seem to get it right. gets boring, lol

Magento Community
Magento Community

Moshe
Magento Team

Total Posts:  1770
Los Angeles

@lazzymonk, you’re wrong about that.

Magento Community
Magento Community

cfrancia

Total Posts:  2

Great to hear thanks

Magento Community
Magento Community

kashif08

Total Posts:  5

So is this feature really going to be in the next release ?  I am really really looking forward to it.

Thanks,
Reza

Magento Community
Magento Community

cfipilot

Total Posts:  39

Any word on Version 1.1?

Magento Community
Magento Community

ptjedi

Total Posts:  250
Porto, Portugal

I am just writing this post to give more strength to this request as image upload for products is something I am after as well. This feature may not be just important to product printing/customization, but also is a very good way to sell products that need a license or ID validation. Instead of using e-mail, the user would upload a scan of it’s license prior to ordering the product.

I believe this was addressed to 1.1 (it is in some post in the Blog) but then it was not mentioned anymore so I really hope this feature is implemented before 1.2 in the already excellent new custom attributes system Magento has in 1.1.

Magento Community
Magento Community

sdb

Total Posts:  223
coastal California, USA

awesome! i didn’t even know something like that was being developed. it makes my life easier, certainly.

Magento Community
Magento Community

tartan

Total Posts:  25

v1.1.1

I cannot find how to implement this feature.  Can anyone give me some pointers?

Thanks

Magento Community
Magento Community

dada21

Total Posts:  28

*bump* Wanting to upgrade to 1.1.1 if this feature works.  Anyone?

Magento Community
Magento Community

dada21

I’m starting to create my own image uploader section that will be placed after checkout.  It will use a freely available flash uploader and should integrate well with Magento.

I’ll be working on it here:

http://store.vipministry.com/uploader/index.html

And will integrate that into Magento slowly.  Hopefully with the next magento release this will just be wasted time for me, but I definitely need to have this working ASAP for my store and can’t wait for the team to make their version.  I’ll post details here on the integration steps.  It should be VERY easy to do!

Magento Community
Magento Community

dada21

Ok, I am starting to integrate that Flash uploader into the post-checkout function.  There’s an html called “Success.phtml” in Magento.  I am going to add the uploader below the text of this section, but only if there are purchased products which require files to be uploaded.  Shouldn’t be too hard.  Once the files are uploaded, I am also going to have it send an email to the admin to let them know that files are uploaded so they can check them out to make sure they’re correct.

So far, so good.  Simple, too.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Barnicus

Total Posts:  4

Hi, I am running Magento ver 1.1.3 however I still can’t find this feature. Has it been implemented? if so any suggestions how to set it up? or if it’s not implemented any idea’s how long it will take?

Magento Community
Magento Community

ptjedi

Total Posts:  250
Porto, Portugal

No oficial version has come out. I hope they include this on 1.1.5 (but my feeling is that it will not come out before 1.2)

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Page 1 of 3