Magento Forum

Installation Problems—PDO and mysqli

beley

Total Posts:  15
LaGrange, GA

My first problem was with the PDO/MySQL—I could not get it to recognize or install. Then I happened upon a post by someone who said to comment out those lines in the install config file and xml doc and just use mysqli… which I tried.

It let me into the installer, but upon entering all my mysql connection information I was presented with the following error:

<code>
exception ‘Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli_Exception’ with message ‘Mysqli prepare error: This command is not supported in the prepared statement protocol yet’ in /home/absolute/public_html/lib/Zend/Db/Statement/Mysqli.php:85
Stack trace:
#0 /home/absolute/public_html/lib/Zend/Db/Statement.php(109): Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_prepare(’checksum table ...’)
#1 /home/absolute/public_html/lib/Zend/Db/Adapter/Mysqli.php(330): Zend_Db_Statement->__construct(Object(Varien_Db_Adapter_Mysqli), ‘checksum table ...’)
#2 /home/absolute/public_html/lib/Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php(382): Zend_Db_Adapter_Mysqli->prepare(’checksum table ...’)
#3 /home/absolute/public_html/lib/Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php(590): Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query(’checksum table ...’, Array)
#4 /home/absolute/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Mysql4/Config.php(51): Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->fetchAll(’checksum table ...’)
#5 /home/absolute/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Config.php(122): Mage_Core_Model_Mysql4_Config->getChecksum(’config_data,web...’)
#6 /home/absolute/public_html/app/Mage.php(326): Mage_Core_Model_Config->init(NULL)
#7 /home/absolute/public_html/app/Mage.php(349): Mage::init(NULL)
#8 /home/absolute/public_html/index.php(27): Mage::run(’base’)
#9 {main}
</code>

Does anyone know how to fix this? I would happily install PDO if I knew where/how? I tried ‘pecl install PDO PDO_MYSQL’ but got errors.

Any suggestions?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

beley

LaGrange, GA

Anyone have any ideas about this?

Magento Community
Magento Community

Moshe
Magento Team

Total Posts:  1770
Los Angeles

which version of magento do you have installed?
which distribution of linux you have?

Magento Community
Magento Community

beley

LaGrange, GA

I have tried removing all the files and download the latest version (0.6.13160) and have changed the configuration files to use mysqli only (I do not have pdo_mysql and it’s not easily configured because I’m on a cPanel server and would have to go around cpanel to compile Apache manually)

Below is the output I get:

http://www.absolutetactical.com/output.txt

My server is running RHEL (or the white box version of it, CentOS I think), PHP Version 5.2.4

Below is my configure:
‘./configure’ ‘--with-apxs=/usr/local/apache/bin/apxs’ ‘--prefix=/usr/local’ ‘--with-xml’ ‘--enable-bcmath’ ‘--enable-calendar’ ‘--with-curl’ ‘--enable-ftp’ ‘--with-gd’ ‘--with-jpeg-dir=/usr/local’ ‘--with-png-dir=/usr’ ‘--with-xpm-dir=/usr/X11R6’ ‘--with-gettext’ ‘--enable-mbstring’ ‘--enable-mbstr-enc-trans’ ‘--enable-mbregex’ ‘--with-mcrypt’ ‘--enable-magic-quotes’ ‘--with-mysqli’ ‘--with-mysql=/usr’ ‘--with-openssl’ ‘--enable-discard-path’ ‘--with-pear’ ‘--enable-sockets’ ‘--enable-track-vars’ ‘--with-ttf’ ‘--with-freetype-dir=/usr’ ‘--enable-gd-native-ttf’ ‘--with-zlib’

MySQL Version 4.1.22-standard

I have all of the requirements sans pdo_mysql for which I did the workaround. What’s wrong?

Magento Community
Magento Community

Moshe
Magento Team

Total Posts:  1770
Los Angeles

Did you try solution from here:
http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/1126/#t5568

Magento Community
Magento Community

beley

LaGrange, GA

It didn’t work, but I got our server admin to compile PHP by hand to install pdo_mysql. I tried to just upload those files and it didnt work, however when I completely deleted the installation, unzipped all fresh files and uploaded them I was able to make i tthrough the installation successfully (yay!)

I then saw errors in the shopping cart and some other sections. I saw in another post that changing mysqli to pdo_mysql in the config.xml file worked, so I tried it and voila! I’m running Magento!

Magento Community
Magento Community

mreigle

Total Posts:  4

Same worked for me.  I recompiled PHP with PDO MySQL, set the proper php5.ini file and I was still receiving the error.

Then in config.xml I changed my <connection> settings to this and it works now:

<connection>
<types>
<pdo_mysql>
<class>Mage_Core_Model_Resource_Type_Db_Pdo_Mysql</class>
</pdo_mysql>
<mysqli>
<class>Mage_Core_Model_Resource_Type_Db_Pdo_Mysql</class>
</mysqli>
</types>
</connection>