Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Imported products are not displayed on site

Grigore

Total Posts:  11

I have a problem with products imported from csv.
The import finishes successfully, the products appear ok on admin, but they don’t appear on the site. The products are all enabled and on Stock but they won’t appear on the site.  If I select a product from admin and simply resave it (without making any changes) it appears ok on the site too.

I thought that I made something wrong in the csv file, so I’ve made this simple test:

1) I manually added a product from admin panel. The product appeared ok on the site.
2) I exported a csv file with the products (1 product in this case)
3) I deleted the product from the site
4) I imported the products using the file created at step 2) (I didn’t make any changes to the originally exported file)
Again, the import went successfully, the product appears ok on the admin panel, but it doesn’t appear on the site.
The product appears enabled and on stock. The category is saved ok. If I simply open it from admin and save it (without making any changes) it will appear ok on the site.

Obviously, to manually open every imported product and resave it is not a solution (I have about 5000 products in the csv file).
Do you have any idea what I should do so that imported products will automatically appear on the site?

Thanks.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Bonaventure

Total Posts:  29

Check your original export profile. I suspect that you selected the incorrect store when you exported the file that you created manually.
The fourth field of the export profile (called “store") has a drop down menu that will allow you to choose your live store. The default (Admin) value will not automatically display your products.
If you don’t have many products, you can simply change the data in the store field of your csv file. For example, change it from “admin” to the exact name (case sensitive) of your store as defined in System/Manage Stores (use the “Store Name” column to find your store). Once you have renamed all the rows in that column and imported the data, they should appear in the front end. Good luck.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Grigore

Total Posts:  11

You were right. I changed the store and everything worked ok after that. Thanks.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community