Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

.131 Install Issue:  Blank (Empty) Admin Screen in Install Wizard

NickL

Total Posts:  188

Hey Guys,
I’m getting an empty Administration screen at “magento/install/wizard/administrator/”. It shows the wizard header and footer, but no data is inserted into this template. I can’t continue or back out either..  This is odd because it’s never happen before with past installations?

Has anyone else gotten this? I’ll report progress to find a workaround.

I also had to add <type> pdo_mysql </type> to the data connection type in app/etc/local.xml to get the wizard to proceed. I’m not sure if that is related or not.

I’ll keep poking around just wanted to get thoughts.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Michael_1
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  826

Hi NickL,

We are not able to reproduce this issue. Could give me a bit more info ? What package did you try to install ? Is it full or light one ? Do you have pdo_mysql and mysqli php extensions installed ?

Thank you,

Magento Community
Magento Community

NickL

Michael..
I used the latest package (sorry I was so vague), Magento .131 .  I ended up adding “pdo_mysql as a connection type in config.xml to get it to work. This was on a Fresh INSTALL however.

When trying to upgrade from the previous version (.12510).. I get the blank screen again. So i’m assuming its something to do with the DB, maybe some tables are conflicting.  I’ll looking through this now. Let me know your thoughts mike.

Magento Community
Magento Community

nikkia

Total Posts:  1

Hello,
I actually have a very similar issue. I am using Beta 0.6.13110, on a Mac os x. I got to the wizard without any problem and nothing to modify but the page following the database set up information (I believe it should be the Administration page) is completely blank. When I try to go back or just simple restart by going to the magento root folder everything is blank. I have PHP5, Mode rewrite on and .htaccess is enabled.

I have never been able to set the application up in the previous versions. This is the first time that I got to the wizard.

Please let me know if you have any idea what could cause this.

Thank you.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Moshe
Magento Team

Total Posts:  1770
Los Angeles

@NickL: did you get my PM? I was able to successfully solve the issue by switching from mysqli to pdo_mysql for setup.

Magento Community
Magento Community

NickL

Moshe, Yeah I did. I replied.  It worked ok for a Fresh install.. but previous DB version had issues.  But Fresh install is ok, is there anyway to bring over the products? Without adding them one by one again?  I was thinking of using the BACKUPS.sql file I created, but I don’t think that will work since its a previous version right?

Just thoughts.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community