Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Can Magento -

gmltw

Total Posts:  13
Texas

Share customer and product information between “Websites”?

I wish to have separate shopping carts for each store/website but be able to have the customer register only once.

Also need to be able to have a gift certificate that can be spent in any of the “Websites” or “Stores”.

When dealing with multiple vendors they most always have different shipping fees/structures and different drop shipping fees.

I want my customers to be able to register at the “mainstore” (or at any of the “Websites” and that registration and information be shared with all of the other “Websites”. So they can shop at any of the “Websites “but that cart will be separate from the other “Website” carts. Because of the different shipping and drop shipping fees the carts have to be kept separate. Otherwise when the customer gets to the checkout they could have several products from multiple vendors with shipping for each and get shocked by the high shipping charges and not follow through with the purchase.

I also want to be able to cross sell any product with any of the other “websites” so I also want the product to be “Global”. Of course I would want the product link to take them to the other “website” with a different cart or at least warn that the product has it’s own shipping scheme separate from the present store so that they don’t get sticker shock once they get to the checkout.

Can Magento do this?

Thanks,

Gary

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

adimagento
Guru

Total Posts:  626
Los Angeles, CA

Hello Gary,

Here goes:

Share customer and product information between “Websites”?

yes

I wish to have separate shopping carts for each store/website but be able to have the customer register only once.

yes

Also need to be able to have a gift certificate that can be spent in any of the “Websites” or “Stores”.

Not available out of the box at this time. Will be available in future releases hopefully.

When dealing with multiple vendors they most always have different shipping fees/structures and different drop shipping fees.

You can set this using table rate shipping.

I want my customers to be able to register at the “mainstore” (or at any of the “Websites” and that registration and information be shared with all of the other “Websites”. So they can shop at any of the “Websites “but that cart will be separate from the other “Website” carts. Because of the different shipping and drop shipping fees the carts have to be kept separate. Otherwise when the customer gets to the checkout they could have several products from multiple vendors with shipping for each and get shocked by the high shipping charges and not follow through with the purchase.

yes.

I also want to be able to cross sell any product with any of the other “websites” so I also want the product to be “Global”.

yes

Of course I would want the product link to take them to the other “website” with a different cart or at least warn that the product has it’s own shipping scheme separate from the present store so that they don’t get sticker shock once they get to the checkout.

Should be possible given the right configuration. “Warnings” are not available at this time.

Magento Community
Magento Community

gmltw

Texas

Awesome!

Thanks for answering so quickly!

The one thing I will need at some point will be the gift certificate feature but I can wait. smile

I have been trying to set up multiple websites without much success. I have followed the instruction in the videos (as much as they match) found here http://www.magentocommerce.com/knowledge-base/entry/overview-how-multiple-websites-stores-work
Do you have any hopeful expectations of when you guys might have a chance to update the instructional videos or text instructions on the set up of multiple websites or are there any other instructions that I might have missed somewhere?

Thanks,

Gary

Magento Community
Magento Community

adimagento
Guru

Total Posts:  626
Los Angeles, CA

http://www.magentocommerce.com/wiki/general/multiple-website-setup

http://www.magentocommerce.com/wiki/welcome_to_the_magento_user_s_guide/chapter_2#creating_multiple_websites_and_stores

Magento Community
Magento Community

gmltw

Texas

Thank you Adi!

I have succeeded in setting up a second website though I had to do things a little different than the instructions/videos said to. Not sure why but as long as it works I am a happy camper. smile

You guys keep up the good work!

Gary

Magento Community
Magento Community

gmltw

Texas

Following the Can Magento question thread I have another can Magento question.

What I have in mind is a Main Site from which someone would be able to navigate to any of the “Stores” found within. That part I can handle with a drop down menu or any other number of ways. I am just trying to lay some ground work for my question so please bear with me.

On the Main Site Mall At Your Door I have menus that are split into categories. For instance, All Things Sports is a category or section of our “Mall”. Within this “section” I have several “websites” with each website being separate from the other websites because they are separate Vendors. Each Vendor has their own unique settings because of shipping cost, handling charges, or whatever. So the customer may view the individual website and store individually. They may also view parts of the Site by category as well (or at least that is what I am trying to do). So they could visit the section All Things Sports and find a conglomeration of all of the Vendors products from all of the various websites within this section.

This is the first part of the Can Magento do this question.

Now to the second part of the question.

Example: I have the section/category All Things Sports (This is a root category) and within that section/category I have vendor 1, 2, 3, and 4 (just for example). When someone is looking at the website Vendor 1, I want to be able to have products from Vendor 2, 3, and 4 available to them as well (which I know can be done) but here is the catch. Vendor 1 must retain it’s settings (shipping, fees, etc.) for that product because of the different fees involved with separate Vendors. So when someone makes a purchase of Vendor 2’s products but they are within Vendor 1’s website Magento needs to charge the associated fees that go with Vendor 1 even though the purchase was made within Vendor 2’s website.

Can Magento do this?

1. So, Can Magento display multiple random products from any and all websites via a specific category location?

2. Can Magento keep products individual settings separate even though they are located in categories inside other Websites?

I hope this makes sense, feel free to ask me to clarify any part at all. It might help to look at how I currently have it set up as well.

Thank you,

Gary

Magento Community
Magento Community

roarbb

Total Posts:  9

How can i do this please? I have installed magento multi-site & customer accounts sharing is set to global. But shopping carts is not separate :(

Thanks for answer wink

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community