Magento Forum

How do I create a clikable Casting list (for dvd store)

raphy

Total Posts:  6

hi,

i try to create a DVD store and I need a Casting list and a director list for each movie.
I’d like people can clic on the name of an actor in the casting list to see all his movie.

How can I do that ?
I created an attribute casting with all the actors (really long list. But when I choose the diffrents actors in the list for one product they are not clickable (what is normal I think)

So if you have to do that, what solution do you choose to have in each product the name of the director and of the casting clickable ?

thank you smile

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

netstralogy

Total Posts:  29

raphy - 18 June 2008 01:22 AM

hi,

i try to create a DVD store and I need a Casting list and a director list for each movie.
I’d like people can clic on the name of an actor in the casting list to see all his movie.

How can I do that ?
I created an attribute casting with all the actors (really long list. But when I choose the diffrents actors in the list for one product they are not clickable (what is normal I think)

So if you have to do that, what solution do you choose to have in each product the name of the director and of the casting clickable ?

thank you smile

Hi,

I’m doing the same thing.  At first I made an attribute just like you did but decided to just input the actors and directors manually since there are just too many on the list and I wasnt sure if it would affect Magento’s performance.  I figured out that even if you enter the names manually, if anyone does a search with the actor’s name, it will display all the movies that has that actor’s name.  It’s not as accurate as using the names in the attribute but it seems to work fine.

By the way, one of the reasons why I dumped the actors list method was because the list couldnt be sorted alphabetically anyway.  So unless you’re entering the names in an alphabetical order, it’s still going to be difficult during data entry to search all the actor’s name on the menu. 

I’m sure there is a way to customize the code to do what you were trying to do.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community