Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Single Quantity products

Studio

Total Posts:  17

I am looking into a future project of setting up a Magento store that sells individual products meaning there is only one of each product. What i would like to know is this, is it possible that when a customer purchases a specific product then it will disappear from the frontend so that other customers are unable to purchase the product that has already been sold. As far as i can see Magento does not have this capability just wondered whether there was an extension out there as a solution or whether code changes could be made. I know that this isnt an average query so i would be grateful for any help

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

JLHC
Mentor

Total Posts:  1287
Tampa, FL

I believe you can set a quantity for the product. It will not disappear from the frontend but at least others cannot purchase it anymore. wink

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community