Magento Forum

Current package name

oxygen

Total Posts:  69

hi,
Sorry, if this is too simple a question.

What is this Current package name under Admin System->Design?

Currently it is set as ‘default’. If I change it to ‘shop’, what will it affect?

My current home page shows http://www.mysite.com/default/. If I change the Current package name to ‘shop’, will it affect the overall url?

Thank you.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Crucial
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  770
Phoenix, AZ

The package name is kind of misleading in a way, well...I mean it should probably be reworded. It’s the name of the interface, e.g.:

app/design/<interface>/<theme>

By default it’s setup like this:

app/design/default/default

You can put whatever you want in there I suppose, or even nothing at all, Magento will revert to the default interface though if it can’t find anything. But if you haven’t created a new interface directory, then there’s no point.

The only way to change the URL is to move Magento to a different sub-directory. You should be able to rename the directory, but make sure you update the paths in the backend of Magento first. Also a good idea to clear your sessions/cache directory out too. Then rename it.

Magento Community
Magento Community

oxygen

Thanks for your prompt reply. Appreciate that.

What if I want to change my url to http://www.mysite.com/shop/, instead of /default/ where do I change?

Thanks again.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Crucial
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  770
Phoenix, AZ

System -> Configuration -> Web

Look at the Unsecure and Secure sections in there. Your domain should already be listed in the first field for the Unsecure section. Just rename that to where you’re going to move Magento to.

Before you do that though, I’d disabled caching:

System -> Cache Management

After you clear the cache and adjust the paths, rename the directory where Magento is installed.

If you get an error after you do this and try to acess your store in the new location, delete the var/cache and var/session directories.

Magento Community
Magento Community

oxygen

Thanks again.

Currently all my magento folders are in the root directory.

By ‘move Magento’, are you saying I have to move ALL magento folders to a new folder named ‘shop’ in the root directory?

I am very worry about other implications that may occur. I have set up my store, made some modifications and so far so good.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community