Magento Forum

Manage Products Broken

shaunp

Total Posts:  28

I upgraded to 1.4 and my products are no longer showing up on the client side. I decided to look at my products on the admin side and I noticed that under the “Product Information” section I’m missing some options. The General, Prices, Meta Information, Descriptions, Images and Design are all missing.

I do have Inventory, Categories, Related Products, Up-Sells, Cross-Sells, Product Alerts, Product Reviews, Product Tags, Customers Tagged Product and Custom Options.

I’m pretty sure these two errors are related. What do I need to do to get back my Product Information options? I re-indexed all the data in Index Management but that doesn’t have any effect.

This is pretty disheartening, after several weeks of annoying messages from Magento about the new stable version of the software I decided to “upgrade” my store. Now two weeks later my store is still off line and no one seems to have any answers.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

shaunp

I was able to find one old product page that kind of still works but I’m having a very difficult time finding another page that will load.

Magento Community
Magento Community

demonz

Total Posts:  2

some problem here - anyone found a solution yet?

Magento Community
Magento Community

Redcircle

Total Posts:  11

Yes. Im also searching for an answer to this problem. Can anyone please help us out here.

Magento Community
Magento Community

bashen

Total Posts:  27
Eindhoven

Same problem here, can’t get it to work either.!

Magento Community
Magento Community

Redcircle

Total Posts:  11

This is not good. I vant understand that the magento crew dosent answer to this thread. This bug Will be à huge problem for all idets of 1.4.
I have been lopking for an answer to this issue for over a week now and we are loosing lots of business in the meanwhile…

Magento Community
Magento Community

bashen

Total Posts:  27
Eindhoven

http://www.magentocommerce.com/bug-tracking/issue?issue=8676

I see you put it in as an issue, everyone who has the same problem please report it here:
http://www.magentocommerce.com/bug-tracking/issue?issue=8676

That’s where the magento crew will look!

Magento Community
Magento Community

shaunp

Follow up. I bought Store Manager for Magento and backed up the entire store. Then I installed a clean version of 1.4 and then used the restore feature to install the backup on the new install. I got all of my tabs back but I’m missing half of my custom attributes. I also don’t think Store Manager is 100% compatible with Magento 1.4.

Bottom line, after a lot of work I’ve just about got my store back up and running.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community